Monarch Blackhawk Casino
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Poker Assistant Manager
at Monarch Blackhawk Casino
- Employment Type
Are you interested in…..
- A Fast Track Career with Career Development and Career Advancement Opportunities?
- Flexible Works Schedules and Referral/Attendance Bonuses?
- Paid College Tuition, Free Meals, Discounted Transportation, Health Benefits and More?
Monarch Casino in Black Hawk is building a 23 story resort that will have over 500 rooms, 4 restaurants, and a full service spa/salon which is expected to open this summer!
Part Time and Full Time Team Members Will Enjoy:
- Team Member (TM) Referral Program – Not only do we pay our current TM up to $600, we pay your referral up to $1,600
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement up to $6,000 per calendar year
- Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Up to $100 in Weekly Cash Prizes
- Paid Trips to Atlantis Casino Resort and Spa
- 1 Free Meal per Shift
- Round Trip Bus Tickets for $4 per Day
- Free Parking
- Additional Premium Pay in Select Positions
Full Time Team Members also enjoy:
- Paid Vacation
- 6 Observed Holidays
- Health Benefit Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision, disability, and more)
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
Don’t want to drive to Black Hawk? You don’t have to! Check out these casino bus routes at www.casinoshuttle.com or www.aceexpresscoaches.com. As a Team Member of Monarch you can ride the casino bus for only $4 per day!
Committed to providing exceptional guest service, the Poker Room Supervisor must be experienced in all games and must be able to supervise Poker personnel in a proficient manner, according to the Company’s policies and procedures and applicable gaming regulations. This position is responsible for assisting the Poker Manager in oversight for games, ensuring the enforcement of game procedures and policies as outlined in department manuals and in accordance with Nevada Gaming MICS.
- Assist the Poker Manager in developing, reviewing, updating, and implementing business promotions and games. Assist with marketing, collateral, and execution.
- Assist with the tracking of business trends and produce reports and other documents.
- Assist the Poker Manager in oversight for games, ensuring the enforcement of game procedures and policies as outlined in department manuals and in accordance with Nevada Gaming MICS.
- Enthusiastically support and demonstrate superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Resolve problems in a diplomatic and tactful manner. Demonstrate leadership and fairness in dealing with customers and Team Members.
- Prepare schedules, annual reviews, goals and objectives, and individual performance development plans. Supervise and provide support to the staff. Resolve Team Member related issues, and support team building with positive and open communication.
- Assist the Poker Manager with tracking payroll and resolving payroll related issues.
- Maintain and order weekly/daily supplies (i.e. condiments, beverages, etc.)
- Supervise Poker Room as needed. May act as a proposition player in order to help with game retention.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Knowledge of poker games and thorough understanding of poker rules with a strong ability to make consistent accurate floor decisions.
- Determine and prioritize the relevant issues and render a decision with an explanation of reason while educating the players through the decision making process
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior guest service and employee relation skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and administrative skills.
- The ability to make quick decisions under stressful situations.
- Minimum 2 years as Poker Room Assistant Manager
- Trained in Basic Strategy, Card Counting and Game Protection
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Monarch Casino Black Hawk does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is Monarch’s intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.