Morrill & Janes Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Branch Operations Supervisor
at Morrill & Janes Bank
Morrill & Janes Bank and Trust growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Branch Operations Supervisor is responsible for managing front line Associate Personal Bankers and supporting a sales culture, referrals, coaching, maintaining a transaction window and overall branch operations. The Branch Operations Supervisor is responsible for providing an exceptional in-branch customer experience by handling customer needs including teller transactions and service in a timely and professional manner while maintaining confidentially in customer and bank information. This role is also responsible for providing referrals to the other lines of business to meet the customer’s financial needs while attaining bank center goals and constantly striving to improve the profitability of the banking center.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Transaction/Sales Responsibilities:
1. Provides exceptional customer service while listening for sales opportunities, explains and promotes bank products or services to customers and actively participates in the referral program and strives to meet goal (as determined by individual bank).
2. Works with the banking team to reach banking center effectiveness and efficiency goals through identifying customers with financial services needs that are not currently met and coordinating efforts to pair these customers with products our institution offers.
3. Maintains confidentiality in handling customer and bank information.
4. Follows security policies and procedures as they relate to customer transactions.
5. Resolves customer complaints.
6. Maintains a daily transaction window as needed.
7. Maintains a high level of knowledge of products and services.
8. Responsible for partnership referrals.
B. Operational Responsibilities:
1. Follows security policies and procedures to prevent bank and customer losses.
2. Ensures the banking center is in compliance for scheduled audits.
3. Opens and closes the banking center according to bank security policy.
4. Ensures supply of money for banking center needs based on cash limits and business demand.
5. Monitors and reviews banking center security procedures and control access to vault and cash drawers.
6. Communicates operational updates to banking center employees.
7. Completes the monthly security report, if applicable.
8. Performs the required audit reviews as outlined in the Branch Self-Monitoring Audit Toolkit.
9. Responsible for efficiently and appropriately staffing the branch to ensure business needs are met both on the transactional and sales sides.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does have direct reports
1. Directly supervises the Assistant Personal Bankers
2. Works with Heartland’s recruitment team to hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions
3. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectation and performance
4. Addresses and resolves all operational performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
5. Works with department staff on individual operational professional development
6. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews. Completes and submits all forms associated with the review process to the department according to the review process deadline
7. Trains employees in customer service, cross selling and banking procedures
8. Along with the Bank Center Manager, this position is responsible for managing the branch. When the Banking Center Manager/Hybrid Banking Center Manager is out of the office, the Branch Operations Supervisor is responsible for managing the branch
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma/GED
2. 3-5 years of Teller Operations experience preferred.
3. Previous training experience beneficial.
4. 1-3 years of experience managing employees preferred.
5. Knowledgeable about retail banking products
6. Experience working in a team environment
7. Experience providing high quality customer service.
8. Knowledge of MS Office and Windows.
9. Ability to balance cash.
10. Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Morrill & Janes Bank and Trust offers you friendly, exceptional service and great banking products. As a customer, you will have the unique opportunity to develop a relationship with banking professionals who really care about you. We take pride in giving our customers the very best banking experience possible.
Our unmatched dedication to customer service is strengthened by our parent company, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. , a multi-billion financial services company that matches our loyalty to the principles of community banking. Our shared values coupled with Heartland's powerful services bring you the personal attention you deserve, backed by the products and services that make Great Things Happen!
Morrill & Janes Bank and Trust's team of leaders is fully committed to serving our clients, employees and community.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will