Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Branch Assistant Manager - Murray Supply
-A successful Assistant Branch Manager supports developing and managing a business operation that increases sales, profitability, market share, and customer and employee satisfaction by directing, coordinating and monitoring all sales, branch operations and personnel development activities. In addition, this position manages the Purchasing and Inventory function for product categories according to corporate and regional objectives.
* Assist with strategic decision making issues, problems, or opportunities and determines whether action is needed.
* Integrates information from a variety of sources; detects trends, associations, and cause-effect relationships.
Delegating Responsibility & Follow Up
* Assists in allocating tasks/responsibility in appropriate areas to appropriate individuals.
* Establishes appropriate procedures to keep informed of issues and results in areas of shared responsibility.
* Builds timelines into assignments and task delegations; effectively communicates completion dates and expected results. Provides constructive feedback if expectations are not met, knows appropriate remedies and provides coaching to meet expectations.
Planning & Organizing
* Participates in identifying more critical and less critical activities and assignments; adjusts priorities when appropriate.
* Determines project or assignment requirements by breaking them down into tasks and identifying types of equipment, materials, and people needed.
* Allocates appropriate amounts of time for completing own and others’ work; avoids scheduling conflicts; develops timelines and milestones.
* Holds self and others accountable for deadlines and assignments
* Establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping associates feel valued, appreciated, and included in discussions
* Demonstrates the behaviors, knowledge and practices that are expected of all associates at the branch
* Provides resources to support development of product knowledge, ensures that opportunities for career development are available, and offers assistance to associates requiring additional training or tools to ensure success.
* Stock procurement/replenishment for specific product categories in assigned geography.
* Daily review of critical items below minimum, allocations or stock outs for all responsible product groups.
* Address and process customer backorders and stock requests submitted via the system.
* Meet or exceed defined item availability service level for assigned product groups.
* Meet or exceed defined inventory turns for assigned product groups.
* Ensure accuracy of replenishment system data i.e. (lead-time, forecasting, standard package and buy multiplies).
* Work with branches and suppliers on special buys i.e. (big buys) in an effort to enhance and/or protect margins and maintain acceptable inventory levels.
* "Ownership" of system replacement cost maintenance for assigned branches and/or assigned supplier lines not managed by product maintenance team.
* Negotiate returns on requests received from branches for all returns that are not pre-negotiated.
* Manage supplier metrics with vendors in assigned product group.
Technical/Professional Skills & Knowledge
* Demonstrates a solid understanding of and successfully assists in managing the sales, purchasing, warehouse and financial functions within the branch.
Required Skills and Experience
* Education: High school diploma/GED required (Bachelor's degree preferred)
* Experience: Minimum 1 year in similar position (2 years preferred)
* Minimum 2 years in progressive position (3 years preferred)
* Product/applications experience required
* Wholesale distribution experience required
* Supervisory experience required
* Current purchasing/buying experience with MORSCO, or 3-5 Years of professional purchasing/buying experience in the Plumbing Distribution Industry and/or equivalent combination of Bachelor’s Degree education and experience.
* Effective communication skills with peers and branch personnel.
* Solid mathematical skills.
Time TypeFull time
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance
MORSCO is a leading U.S. distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, waterworks and HVAC, with showrooms across the country. Since our inception in November 2011, we've grown rapidly through a series of acquisitions and store openings. MORSCO 's family of brands consists of Morrison Supply, DeVore & Johnson, Murray Supply, Wholesale Specialties, Express Pipe & Supply, Farnsworth Wholesale, and Fortiline Waterworks. In 2018, MORSCO was acquired by The Reece Group, Australia's leading provider of plumbing, HVAC and waterworks products.
MORSCO is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer