Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Continuity Professional, Assistant Vice President
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group
Business Continuity, Assistant Vice President
The Business Continuity Analyst supports all Business Continuity Lifecycle activities and initiatives which encompass the annual Business Impact Analysis, Risk Assessments, Solutions and Strategy Gap Analysis, Business Continuity Plan reviews and updates, and annual tests and validations of Business Continuity Plans and strategies.
The Analyst will be fully functional in the use and understanding of the BCPM methodologies, systems, and will assist the Business Continuity team in keeping all systems and documentations up to date and reflective of organizational changes.
- Assist Engagement Managers with Business Continuity activities:
- Creating, archiving, and consolidating functions and plans within Archer and SharePoint.
- Export and clean-up of Phase 1 BIA reports
- Manual updating for Phase 2 location workbooks
- Export and clean-up of Phase 2 dependency solutions workbooks
- Preparing Phase 2 dependency solutions workbooks for import
- Data entry for location workbooks and new procedures
- Export and clean-up of Phase 3 Annexes and Headers
- Data entry for any changes made to Phase 3 Annexes and Headers; accepting the changes in the documents and preparing documents for approval.
- Acquiring actual approvals, if requested by EMs
- Creating finalized PDF Plan documents and making status updates in Archer
- Creating Phase 4 scorecards for business units
- Reviewing Validation scorecards and logging any issues
- Assisting with data collection for any of the phases, if requested by the EMs.
- Reviewing and challenging data collected by EMs
- Support various Business Continuity initiatives and activities
Support the Bank's Business Continuity testing program
- Manage BC operating procedures
Support and conduct annual Quality Assurance reviews
- Assist in responding to incidents and outages
- Act as a point of contact for Business Continuity Planning Management related issues and coordinate DR and other BCPM related events as necessary
- Input Business Function lifecycle data into the BC system, including all the related data elements
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Minimum of 5 years practical Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, and Crisis Management experience as applied in a business and technical environment in the banking or financial industry preferred
- Professional certification from the Disaster Recovery Institute, International or from The Business Continuity Institute (e.g. ABCP, CBCP, MBCP, MBCI, CRP and/or other Business Continuity or industry related certifications preferred
- BS in Financial Services, Computer Sciences, or Engineering preferred, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- RSA Archer BC Tool experience is a plus
- Demonstrated strong Business Continuity skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, analytical, problem solving, communication, and prioritization skills
- Advanced presentation skills and oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, which include task identification, project planning, and ability to understand scope of recovery efforts, ability to coordinate critical activities during continuity exercises and events, and proficiency with tools required to pull project together.
- Advanced analytical skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including (but not limited to) Word, Excel, Access, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Provide technical guidance and help lead the coordination of all corporate activities related to crisis and emergency management.
- Willingness to travel
- May require evening or weekend work
- Crisis situations may require longer than normal work days and weeks
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.