Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Continuity Testing, Vice President
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Reporting to the Business Continuity Testing Director in the Operations and Process Excellence (OPE) Risk Management team, the Business Continuity Testing, Vice President is responsible for supporting the implementation a comprehensive first line of defense BC testing program.
Work with all business lines as well as second, and third lines of defense to build major components of a business continuity testing program that is consistent and aligned with the policy and standards second line of defense establishes for business continuity testing.
- Work across all business lines to establish and execute on major components of a business continuity testing approach that is compliant with FFEIC Booklet Business Continuity Planning (Appendix H: Testing Program - Governance and Attributes)
- Participate actively in Business Continuity Management governance and working groups representing the Business Continuity testing program
- Enhance and leverage the risk and control assessment process to address business continuity testing
- Work with managers at multiple levels to understand their business and technology environments that require recovery capability and testing
- Develop tools and templates to standardize documentation in the BC testing program
- Develop and implement training curriculums to support the BC testing programs
- Develop and produce required reporting on BC testing activities for executives, the board and examiners
- Stay current with industry trends with regards to BC testing
- Support efforts to ensure ownership and maintenance of BC testing across business, technology, and third party areas
- Identify opportunities for new or enhanced metrics that facilitate reporting on the maturity and effectiveness of the BC Testing program.
- 5-8+ years in business continuity, disaster recovery planning or related field
- Experience in designing, evaluating, and executing on BC testing program preferably in the financial services sector
- Proven success in a highly matrix management role
- Skilled/adept at drawing and evaluating operational processes, highlighting risks and controls
- Proficiency in several business continuity related topics
- Experience teaching and coaching staff
- Enjoys analyzing and discussing risks and controls
- Ability to connect the dots and see and articulate a broader picture of risks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and deliver assignments on-time and with high quality
- High energy self-starter
- Experience leading meetings and/or workshops and directing resources to goal attainment
- Knowledge of several banking business products
- Bachelor's degree (minimum requirement)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.