Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Deal Closing Associate - Assistant Vice President
at MUFG Americas
- Oversee a small group of administrators (typically 2-3) that each maintain a portfolio of active leveraged and high grade loan transactions for our Business Partners
- Support the Verification, Execution, and Closing of complex loan transactions, including, but not limited to; new deals, refinancing, amendments, acquisition financings, and re-pricings
- Perform a Second Level Review of legal loan documentation against required Legal, Credit, and Regulatory approvals, as per Bank policy, as well as perform review and verification of Facility booking in the MUFG System of Record
- Review internal loan related documents and notices for accuracy and completeness and submit approval to the Back Office with all necessary information/instruction for loan/fee booking
- Support the admins with pre-closing requirements with internal and external clients (i.e. Portfolio Management, Syndications, Credit, Loan and Agency Services, Finance, Legal, and Back Office Servicing)
- Review and advise on funding mechanics and operational requirements as it pertains to internal booking, according to Operational policies
- Support Escalations from the Front Office, Controllers, Reporting, and the Back Office pertaining to the closing process and ongoing queries
- Schedule internal conference calls to ensure pre-closing requirements have been met and resolve / escalate any outstanding issues (for Admin Agent/Lead transactions)
- Manage trade settlement process with ClearPar system and coordinate with Syndications and internal trade settlement teams for Institutional trades and asset sales
- Ensure execution of best practices of control, risk mitigation and escalation
- Actively participate /or lead projects and provide valuable input with various working groups, with the goal to continually enhance performance and efficiency
- In-depth knowledge of Banking Regulations and Standard Practices
- Periodically reviews/enhances the relevant procedures to ensure appropriate control and consistency with Head Office guidelines and bank regulations
- Ensures adherence to all bank policies and procedures relative to Regulatory Compliance including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering Act, Privacy Act, Regulations Q& X, Customer identification Program, Know Your Customer, Suspicious Activity Reports
Undergraduate degree plus 3-5 years of Syndicated Loan experience or equivalent knowledge
- Robust understanding of the Loan product / Syndicated Loan business, including in-depth knowledge of Credit Agreements and other Credit Documentation, loan funding mechanics, deal structure, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial services, specifically within Wholesale and Investment Banking
- Prior experience supporting Corporate Lending, with the ability to prioritize and balance numerous responsibilities in a fast paced environment
- Management experience is preferred, or relevant experience performing a second level review function in the banking industry
- Proven ability to collaborate with team members and senior management across and within the lines of business with a keen attention to detail, strong oral and written communication skills, and strong analytical capability
- Ability to Lead in a challenging and rapidly changing environment with a desire to take on new responsibilities and the ability to learn new principles and dynamic systems quickly
- Critical decision-making abilities including the ability to identify, escalate, and propose solutions to problems
- Ability to multi-task through the practice of strong organizational and time management skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.