Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DQ Problem Management Portfolio Manager / Senior Analyst, Vice President
at MUFG Americas
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 10023475-WD-SECONDARY-45
Categories: Management - Executive/Senior (C-Level, VP), Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
The Data Quality Problem Management Portfolio Manager is responsible for managing the intake, prioritization and resolution of DQ Problems within the lines of business. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the lines of business are complying with the established DQ Problem Management process as well as identifying and escalating any gaps to senior management.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as a representative from the Chief Data Office within line of business DQ Problem governance forums
- Ensure the implementation and continued adherence of the DQ Problem Management Process with the lines of business by working closely with the Data Officers
- Support the prioritization the DQ Problems within the lines of businesses
- Provide SME guidance on DQ Problem Management to stakeholders within the lines of business in order to support root cause analysis, DQ Problem resolution, and to overcome roadblocks
- Lead DQ Problem Management Analysts from within the Chief Data Office that are supporting the lines of business in root cause analysis
- Develop processes and templates that can be reused across the lines of business to support root cause analysis
- Monitor the progress of DQ Problems within the standard DQ Problem Management tool and escalate any lack of adherence to SLAs
- Produce regular reporting of progress of DQ Problems within the lines of business and to senior management
- Deliver lessons learned to the Chief Data Office team to help drive improvement of the DQ Problem Management process
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5 years of recent demonstrated knowledge performing data analysis
- Background in Data Quality and/or Issues Management
- Requires strong executive-level communications, presentations and problem-solving skills, ability to work with and influence various stakeholders, manage multiple changing priorities and processes
- Strong understanding of databases and their design, data modeling, data flows and data lineage, metadata. Knowledge and previous experience with SQL for querying databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server) a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Access, PowerPoint, and Excel) and database tools used for querying
- Experience preferred within Banking or Financial Services
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!