Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Head of IT Central Systems Management, Managing Director
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
IT Central Systems Management, Managing Director provides vision and leadership for delivering a high quality, reliable infrastructure in the areas of strategic planning, design, and the end-to-end management of IT Hardware and Software Platforms while identifying, managing, and mitigating risks.
This position will provide leadership and vision for the IT Infrastructure and platform support organization, along with transforming IT infrastructure to leading edge technologies to support business agility and maintaining strong vendor and IT relationships, with a focus on collaboration and direct communication. The Head of IT Central Systems Management is responsible for creating an exciting and energizing environment focused on its people, processes, and technology and leading the organization through significant growth, integration, and change. This role requires a balanced approach to quality, risk, and cost while driving efficiencies and effectiveness throughout the organization and building a strong bench of future leaders.
- Working/partnering with Enterprise Architecture to create future state technologies and architecture and participate in setting standards and product roadmaps to ensure currency and incorporate End-of-Service/End-of-Life considerations as well as the direction within which products and the capabilities that they provide are well planned
- Leveraging economies of scale and synergies where possible with Enterprise Spend Management to ensure that products/services' spends are rationalized and optimized
- Seek out product group consolidations or expansion depending upon technology / industry trends and organizing staff accordingly for optimal performance
- Collaborate closely with Service Delivery and IT Planning staff to ensure that expenses are in line with budgets as well as planned expenses / funding requests are well-coordinated with Home Office for each semester
- Plan, implement, and maintain best practices for managed functional areas that will drive a scalable, cost effective, flexible infrastructure that is aligned with overall IT strategy and business goals
- Responsible for full infrastructure/systems life cycle related to managed functional areas including investment funding planning processes and project implementation support
- Ensure availability of systems and infrastructure for managed functional areas that are used to house and process data for lines of business
- Execute high profile projects and provide thought leadership to an organization
- Responsible for all Third Party contracts associated with managed functional areas including overall strategy, financials, contract life cycle, and vendor relationship management
- Support the production of IT Service Catalog for managed functional areas and full responsibility for designated IT Service Offering product life cycle and cost recovery
- Comply with all deliverables, processes, and guidelines from internal departments including Auditors, Operations Control Group, and BSA/AML as required
- Develop, maintain, and test disaster recovery programs (in conjunction with Business Continuity Management) for critical systems and infrastructure in the functional areas, ensuring a platform for which the business can execute their business continuity plans
- Accountable as a First Line of Defense (FLOD) Process Owner (PO) for managed functional areas and appropriate Risk controls, identification, mitigation and reporting metrics
People Management Responsibilities:
- Manages multiple IT Infrastructure teams/functions: Storage & Backup, Mainframe Systems Support, Enterprise Middleware Support, Database Administration and Web Applications (Ext Client Access)
- Provides senior level leadership to subordinates including assigning and managing work, monitoring performance, and conducting performance appraisals
- Foster teamwork and cross functional collaboration between Technology Infrastructure and Operations, Business IT, Enterprise Architecture, Risk and Enterprise Information Security and others to achieve a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Mentor, direct and evaluate team members to maximize engagement and develop breadth and depth of technical and management skills
- Ensures all committed deliverables and associated timeframes are met
- Controls budgets; ensures financials and staffing levels are in line with approved budget on an ongoing basis
- Understands workload in order to easily flex with the changing internal and external environments in which we work
- Broad understanding of the financial services industry
- Familiarity with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) pertaining to the finance services industry
- Capacity and ability to translate strategic plans into communication and implementation plans
- Ability to input on strategies required to meet organizational goals and mentor for specific technical or process areas
- In-depth understanding of information technology principles and best practices across the industry as well as project management principles
- Extensive knowledge of information technology management policies, methods, standards, tools, and processes
- Understanding of advanced, integrated business processes, identify and recognize global integration consequences
- Strong working experience in the DevOps methodology and Agile Development
- Solid understanding of open source software solutions and Cloud based offerings and services
- Proven success and experience in developing, migrating and supporting a complex multi-host based solutions and platforms
- Knowledge of the prevailing API management and Integration technology and solutions
- Ability to manage and analyze data
- Understanding of metrics development and reporting
- Strong problem solving and program execution skills
- Ability to prioritize and drive difficult decisions among business partners
- Big picture - can step back and understand the context of problems before applying analytical skills to address the issues
- Visionary at the strategic and operational levels
- Requires the ability to solve very complex issues that span across multiple technologies and various lines of business
Interactions / Interpersonal Skills:
- Strong client relationship management experience and influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal and oral / written communication skills. Adept at developing and delivering presentations
- Able to build relationships with people at all levels. Able to influence and galvanize support of others. Builds rapport and trust among stakeholders
- Strong ability to lead and manage staff. Strong team building skills including promoting cooperation and good working relationships among team members
- Remains positive and supportive during change
- Proven leadership and managerial experience within an information technology management function
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline; Master's is preferred
- Certifications: At least one certification is preferred, such as ITIL, COBIT 5, ISM, ISO/IEC 20000 or CMMI
- Experience: 15 - 20 years of related experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.