Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Incident Management, Analyst/Officer
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
As an incident manager for the Incident Management and Communications (IMAC) team, you will effectively manage incident resolution, remediation and internal and external customer communications during a service disruption. Coordinate incident identification, resolution and communication efforts, ensuring all impacted parties are fully aware of the situation and the actions that need to take place in order to quickly resolve the issue. Work with internal business partners (such as operations, technology, compliance, legal, risk, product, marketing and digital channels) and senior leadership to determine the root cause of the issue. Additionally, provide technical writing support to Process and Policy Operations team. Note this position would require working on a rotational schedule. While managing IMAC incidents, the individual will be required to work outside of normal business hours. While providing support to Process and Policy Operation, the individual will be expected to work during normal business hours.
- Manage the operational incident management process by monitoring, tracking, escalating, and overseeing resolution efforts relating to identified incidents. Engage internal lines of business and disseminate information regarding the incident to internal lines of business or external customers. Work with other internal incident management team members, such as NOC, Business Continuity, the Crisis and Critical Incident Management team and other areas of the bank to resolve problems.
- Analyze incidents and coordinate meetings with impacted parties to determine root cause. Disseminate information on a reoccurring basis until the incident has been resolved.
- Work with department subject matter experts to develop new and/or revise policy and procedure documents and forms. Interview SMEs for information as necessary through direct/targeted questioning to ensure capture of requirements to ensure documentation is auditable and functional.
- Facilitate resolution of questions, comments and suggestions back to the department management so as to cooperatively achieve the best end product possible.
- For change tracking, approval tracking, and audit purposes, retain pertinent communications with department management, members of the Publication Approval Committee and other key persons, and draft versions with changes/comments from all parties.
Business Knowledge and Technical/Analytical Skills:
- Wide range of general business knowledge, with a focus on personal, commercial, or transaction banking; exceptional written and verbal communication, grammar, and punctuation skills; excellent organizational and analytical skills; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with personnel of all job levels; exceptional attention to detail.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in an English- or communications-related area (or proven outstanding writing abilities and skills).
- Minimum of 5 or more years of experience in the financial industry.
- Experience providing technical writing services or holding a corporate communications role preferred. Experience in bank regulatory compliance, incident management or operations required.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications
- Comfortable collaborating with multiple individuals and business lines throughout the organization
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and/or incidents at once while accomplishing standard daily activities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.