Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Hyperion Systems Analyst, Vice President (Oracle EPM Suite)
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Hyperion Planning Lead System analyst will work along with the Hyperion technology team and Financial Planning & Analytics (FP&A) business team. Responsible for leading the project team in preparing functional requirements, feasibility studies, program specifications, user test plans, user documentation and user training plans. Functions as an internal consultant for applications support departments and provides internal consulting support to other areas of the bank.
- Leads the team in the preparation of implementation plans, prepares technical specification based on functional requirements and conducts feasibility and cost benefit studies exhibiting an expert knowledge of systems analysis techniques and a comprehensive knowledge of the bank's business and system flow within the organization.
- Interfaces across several business areas, acting as visionary to proactively assist in defining the direction for future projects/enhancements.
- Responsible for conception of solutions, building consensus and the selling and execution of such solutions.
- Conducts formal requirement walkthrough's and obtains user concurrence.
- Validates and ensures that functional requirements are met.
- Conducts formal implementation reviews.
- Anticipates and circumvents problems where possible.
- Responsible for the most highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple Oracle Hyperion products and business segments.
- Provides formal and informal user training and general user support.
- Functions as an internal consultant for the applications support team.
- Expert/lead technical role.
- Works on large, complex projects that have enterprise wide impact and require subject matter expertise of multiple process improvement areas and mastery of process improvement tools.
- Works as a project team member on multiple projects to facilitate process improvements involving multiple sites or business areas, often as a project leader.
- Lead responsibilities include directing, monitoring and assigning work to those on the team.
- Provides technical work guidance or mentoring to a small project team of 3 5 members.
- May provide input to the managers/supervisor on staff performance.
- Coaches and mentors more junior staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems.
- In-depth understanding of dimensional modeling, Data Warehousing concepts and the usage of Dimensions, Hierarchies and attributes as it applies to Hyperion Essbase & Planning.
- 5+ years of experience working in the financial industry.
- 7+ Years of IT experience, with at least 3+ years of experience in leading large-scale technology implementations for Oracle EPM Suite 11.1.2.x
- Experience in Banking or Financial Services Technology with a solid understanding of Banking and financial instrument accounting
- Proficient in Oracle Hyperion Essbase and Planning for version 184.108.40.206 or higher
- Proficient with ASO/BSO applications, MAXL scripts, MDX formula/queries
- Proficient in writing/updating shell scripts, PL/SQL and RDBMS concepts
- Knowledge/Understanding of ETL tools like Informatica / ODI
- Knowledge of Hyperion Data Relationship Manager or a metadata management tool
- Comfortable navigating dynamic environments, ambiguity and being a catalyst to drive decisions
- Ability to effectively uncover, align and manage stakeholders needs and expectations
- Action oriented - escalates and resolves issues in a timely manner
- Understands financial planning, project budgeting, and expense tracking to successfully manage project budgets to completion
- Working knowledge of complex technology systems implementations, with ability to effectively communicate with technology and business partners
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.