Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Producing Sales Manager, Vice President - Phoenix
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. At Union Bank, we aim to be the premier and most-trusted West Coast bank, serving customers with high-touch, local delivery and global capabilities as we leverage our rich, 150-year history. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by competitive Total Rewards, including our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Reporting to the Region, the Sales Manager is responsible for the development, performance and execution of all sales activities in assigned market. Staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values while responsible for personal production (MC II). Working with the Region Manager, establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of the Mortgage Consultants.
- 60% - Generate business, leads and relationships with individuals, existing clients, past clients and real estate professionals by using interpersonal and communication skills.
- 30% - Recruit, retain, coach, motivate and manage a sales team for an assigned territory. Assign and manage sales territories and budgeted resources to maximize business results and achieve established goals.
- Develop, implement and monitor a detailed sales plan with specific goals for each territory and MC.
- Assists MCs in preparation of presentations; provide guidance and information relevant to the risks and benefits of UB's product set; effectively explain and communicate the terms of each product.
- 10% -Ensure compliance with all Bank and regulatory compliance requirements and guidelines including Fair Lending and Community Reinvestment Act objectives.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills including familiarity with PCs and standard word processing applications.
- Ability to ensure that the analysis is consistent with the financial products being offered.
- Ability to read and understand a profit and loss or basic income statement. Ability to prepare and effectively deliver sales presentations using applicable support materials.
- Strong sales and sales presentation skills.
- Effective problem solver present solutions and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and coaching skills, always projecting a positive attitude and providing an environment of professional excellence.
- Promote the highest professional and ethical standards.
- 5-7 years of experience in sales management with related experience in underwriting, processing and secondary markets highly desired.
- College degree highly desired. Extensive experience and a strong understanding of all aspects of mortgage origination.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced market environment.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams.
- Strong leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills. Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics.
- Proven track record in managing and directing a highly skilled, motivated, successful and results oriented sales team.
This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.