Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Scrum Master, Vice President
at MUFG Americas
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
We are looking for a certified, seasoned Scrum Master (at least 3-5 years of exp.) to join the Agile Infrastructure team, to support Agile Transformation. As a Scrum Master, you will have a primary responsibility of guiding newly formed product teams to help them mature in their execution and understanding of agility. As a member of a scrum team, you will facilitate planning activities, champion and support the Agile values and provide advice and guidance as needed. As a Scrum Master and servant-leader, you will play a key role in providing team coaching and guidance, ensuring the teams are growing and working towards self-sufficiency, while working with other scrum masters to improve our overall agile practices.
- Guide and coach your team in being Agile
- Foster team responsibility, self-accountability, transparency and self-organization
- Facilitates team development, mediates conflicts, protects the team, and encourages healthy team dynamics
- Help teams assess their Scrum Maturity and help them grow into higher levels of maturity
- Remove impediments as needed, and help the team understand how they can push through their own issues
- Support Product Owners on Agile/Scrum practices
- Mentor and collaborate with other scrum masters and team members in agile values
- Identify when to teach, mentor or coach and be proficient in all three disciplines
- Be a servant leader
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a Scrum Master
- Complete understanding of servant leadership role in scrum
- Scrum master certification preferred
- Versed knowledge and experience of processes in agile methodology
- Agile techniques Automated Testing, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Testing, Pairing, and Agile Games
- Solid foundation in best practices and techniques for agile ceremonies
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Strong relationship building skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.