Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Trade Service Operations Governance Manager, Vice President
at MUFG Americas
The Trade Service Operations (TSO) Compliance Governance Manager/VP position will be reporting directly to the TSO Control & Monitoring Manager located in Monterey Park, California or Tempe, AZ. The TSO Compliance Governance Manager provides oversight for the Trade Service Operations compliance functions. The role requires a deep understanding of sanctions compliance including BSA/AML, OFAC, and Anit-boycott. Additionally, the position requires a strong understanding of all international Trade Finance products and documentation including, Import, Export, and Standby Letters of Credit, and International Collections.
The TSO Compliance Governance Manager will be responsible for the building and maintaining the overall governance framework for the Trade Service Operations Compliance program. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain the overall Trade Finance Compliance Quality Assurance Framework.
- Monitor Trade Finance Sanctions watchlists program to ensure TSO applications are regularly updated with current watchlists.
- Maintain, report, and periodically review compliance performance metrics, including identifying Key Risk Indicators and Key Performance Indicators.
- Liaison with Global Financial Control Division, Business Unit Risk Management, America's Compliance Division, and Trade Service Operations to ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Assist with structuring and implementing efficient and effective compliance programs under the supervision of the TSO Control & Monitoring Manager.
- Develop, recommend, and implement effective compliance strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure that the Trade Service Operations maintains compliance with federal and state laws and regulations and ensure that line managers are adequately informed.
- Manage and monitor system testing to ensure compliance with sanctions requirements.
- Assist with TSO Control & Monitoring Manger with various compliance related projects.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience in Commercial Trade Finance products, international products, international operations, auditing, or other significantly regulated areas of banking.
- Thorough working knowledge of Federal Regulations related to Trade Finance compliance.
- Well-developed communications and analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills - ability to make good judgments and have strong ability to solving problems.
- Have the ability to assess risk and the exercise judgment concerning complex problems relating Trade Finance
- Must be very detail oriented and a highly self motivated
- CAMS Certification a plus
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.