Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President, Financial Data Solutions (FDS)
at MUFG Americas
Join a financial group that's as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each other in everything we do. Our 14,000 diverse colleagues are connected by a common ambition to create change for the better-from forging more dynamic career paths, to driving progress in our communities, to continuously reshaping the standards of global financial services. Positive impact starts here; see the change you can make as we strive to become the world's most trusted financial group.
Discover your opportunity with one of the world's leading financial groups. MUFG has a global network of $2 trillion (USD) in assets, and is ranked the 5th largest bank globally, with a reach that extends to 300 companies around the world. We're proud to bank 730 of the Fortune 1,000 companies in the U.S., and this powerful structure has made us the bank of choice to more than a million consumers, small business entrepreneurs and mid-cap companies, and many of the largest Japanese and U.S. corporations.
We've extended our reach to Tempe, Arizona. Given the breadth of our business, we offer the opportunity to join a high-performing culture and build momentum of your own.
We are seeking highly motivated, proactive professionals for our Financial Data Solutions (FDS) team, as we are embarking on a multi-year strategic initiative to modernize the enterprise data infrastructure, regulatory reporting functions, and improve overall governance and controls.
- Lead teams of 2-4 associates and analysts to focus on key deliverables within the initiative
- Mapping of business processes
- Mapping of data lineage from source to target
- Data profiling and analysis
- Development and decomposition of queries
- Metric, Measure and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) development
- Data Management / Governance support
- Business requirement / Project management support
- Visualization of data via business intelligence platforms
- Drive consensus meetings to define business and data requirements
- Assist with developing Data Requirements Documents (DRD) by determining what data is required to fulfill the business requirements and objectives of the finance or regulatory project
- Support data sourcing for Finance and Regulatory Initiatives
- Assist with development of data quality, normalization, and reconciliation testing scripts
- Work/engage with Chief Data Office (CDO) and other data partners to align finance on strategic data initiatives
- Lead team members to query data, perform trend analysis using customized analytical techniques, and analyze results alongside subject matter experts
- Lead team to derive business insights from custom-built datasets via data analysis
As a Vice President, your role consists of frequent interaction with business data owners, technology partners and regulatory reporting teams to determine the business and data requirements across the entire portfolio of regulatory reports. Qualified candidates will demonstrate the ability to define detailed data requirements, understand complex datasets, and expand on the organization's informational assets.
- 7-10 years of overall professional experience
- Working knowledge of banking product(s), with primary experience in operations, accounting, regulatory reporting and/or data analysis required
- Understanding of broad range of banking products preferred
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving a must
- Experience leading teams to achieve specific objectives, develop high quality deliverables, and demonstrate accountability for quality results
- Experience or expertise with data analysis and Business Intelligence (BI) reporting
- Knowledge on mathematical modeling or statistical analysis is a plus
- Superior quantitative capabilities and demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to speak and write complex information and results clearly and concisely
- Self-starter, team player with excellent organizational and time management skills who can work with minimal direct supervision
- Should have strong collaborative, analytical, written and verbal communication (specifically technical writing) skills
- Awareness and knowledgeable of BCBS239 principles and their practical application in the banking technology environment
- Well versed with Microsoft Office suite of products