National Jewish Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Director, Special Events
at National Jewish Health
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 11721
Categories: Healthcare - Admin/Office/Records/Finance, Advertising/Marketing/PR, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES, Management - ALL CATEGORIES
National Jewish Health - Florida Regional Development Office · Florida Regional Office
Full Time (40 hours per week), Day Shift, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Req # 11721
The Associate Director, Special Events oversees and implements several high profile events. Reporting to the National Director of Special Events, incumbent will work very closely with regional lay leadership, trustees, committee members, volunteers and vendors.
- Oversees events, including identification of prospects, recruitment of event committee members and volunteers, managing all logistics, creation of event materials and marketing, selection of venues and vendors, communication with leadership.
- Works with the National Director of Special Events to establish plans for fundraising strategies including fundraising goals, expense budgets and timelines. creating opportunities for increased event support and sponsorship
- Develops and cultivates relationships with event leadership, donors, and prospects.
- Meets or exceeds budget revenue goals and expense ratios.
- Oversees processing and collection of contributions
- Documents all donor contacts in compliance with National Jewish Development procedures. Maintains donor files and accounts as assigned to them.
- Acts as an institution representative with National Jewish public.
- Works with the National Director of Special Events to develop plans for securing gifts (key event sponsors) from new sources.
- Performs as back up to staff absences and vacancies as necessary.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Occasional local and national travel.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor degree required.
A minimum of 3 years fund-raising or related experience required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Experience with fundraising databases, Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!