Niagara Bottling, LLC.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Niagara Bottling, LLC.
At Niagara, we’re looking for Team Members who want to be part of achieving our mission to provide our customers the highest quality most affordable bottled water.
Consider applying here, if you want to:
- Work in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment with a chance to make an impact.
- Develop lasting relationships with great people.
- Have the opportunity to build a satisfying career.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages for our Team Members.
This position is responsible for supervising daily operations of the production floor; ensuring the shift meets the established safety, quality, and production goals in compliance with all applicable legal and food safety requirements.
- Manages and directs activities of assigned shift, ensuring product adheres to Niagara’s standard of safety, quality, and throughput.
- Maintains effective working relationships with team members through open communication, visibility, and involvement to promote a positive working environment that maximizes safety, employee engagement, productivity, and throughput.
- Analyzes the production schedule prior to shift start and adjusts team member assignments to meet production targets. Verifies discrete jobs are correct in Oracle (including quality and bill of material list), Warehouse Management System, and/or Line Management System.
- Responsible for team member coaching and development, employment decisions, and resolving issues through conflict resolution. Hires, trains, coaches and reviews performance of team members. Partners with Human Resources and Production Manager for recruitment, corrective actions, and terminations.
- Inspects raw materials prior to changeovers to ensure correct inventories for production runs. Performs first pass quality checks after changeovers to prevent non-conforming product.
- Collaborates with the Maintenance Department to resolve downtime occurrences on the production lines.
- Completes shift reports for production numbers, downtime, attendance, overtime and quality checks for submission to the Production Manager.
- Conducts walkthroughs throughout the shift to ensure safety, quality, and housekeeping compliance by team members.
- Interfaces with multiple departments within the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Participates in interviews with hiring managers.
- Collaborates with plant leadership and shift team members to champion a world-class safety culture.
- Conducts weekly safety talk trainings, daily safety/quality/production meetings, and hourly safety walks.
- Adheres to the highest standards of company and plant safety programs, guidelines, rules, and regulations.
- Abides by Niagara’s Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Food Safety Standards at all times. Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shift team members.
- Monitors and reviews assigned team members time and attendance for accuracy. Utilizes the Efficiency Improvement Tools to understand and comment on line downtime and communicate appropriately per the escalation plan.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts, day or night, on a rotating 2-2-3 schedule or schedule as dictated by production demand.
- Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- 2 Years – Experience in Field or similar manufacturing environment
- 2 Years – Experience in Position
- 2 Years – Experience managing people/projects
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education
- Understanding of production processes and controls
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 4 Years – Experience in Field or similar manufacturing environment
- 4 Years – Experience working in Position
- 4 Years – Experience managing people/projects
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education
This position embodies the values of Niagara’s LIFE competency model, focusing on the following key drivers of success:
- Lead Like an Owner
- Identifies safety issues and takes prompt corrective action
- Coaches/corrects unsafe team behavior
- Effectively prioritizes quality, productivity, and cost
- Encourages honest feedback from direct reports, peers, and up-line manager
- Uses customer feedback to improve service levels and internal/external customer relationships
- Understands the concepts of process consistency and waste minimization
- Modifies goals based on changing business needs
- Promotes sharing of opposing viewpoints
- Find a Way
- Anticipates problems and opportunities within functional area, and recommends proactive solutions
- Uses technical knowledge to coach team performance and educate others
- Leverages technical know-how to solve challenging problems
- Encourages and models teamwork to demonstrate behavioral expectations for Team Members
- Builds relationships up, down, and across effectively
- Empowered to be Great
- Provides effective coaching and feedback to improve individual and team performance
- Provides positive recognition for Team Member results
- Assigns responsibilities to maximize team strengths
- Resolves team conflicts with a calm demeanor and skill
- Effectively communicates team and individual expectations and follows up appropriately
- Minimum Required:
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Required: N/A
- Preferred: N/A
- Required: None Required
- Preferred: None Required
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of Niagara Bottling, LLC. Niagara Bottling, LLC will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Employment agencies that have fee agreements with Niagara Bottling, LLC and have been engaged on a search shall submit résumé to the designated Niagara Bottling, LLC recruiter or, upon authorization, submit résumé into this career site to be eligible for placement fees.
Niagara Bottling, LLC has been family owned and operated since 1963. Niagara is a leading bottled water manufacturer in the U.S., supplying major retailers across the nation. With incredible growth over the past several years, the career possibilities at Niagara are endless!
Niagara’s culture is fast-paced, innovative and intensely collaborative. Our Team Members are passionate, driven and always find a way to get the job done. We work hard and play hard while staying true to our family atmosphere.
From competitive benefits and retirement options to educational reimbursements, ongoing training courses and exciting career advancement opportunities, at Niagara we truly take care of our Team Members.
We hope that you consider joining our Niagara family!
Niagara Bottling LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in relation to our recruiting, hiring, and promoting practices.