Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Director of Safety - Vibra + Ernest Corporate
at Vibra Healthcare
The Regional Director of Safety is responsible for assisting hospital management in the development and implementation of protocols and evaluation of patient handling equipment to create a safe environment for staff, visitors and patients. Must be able to independently identify opportunities for improvement in processes and resources and make appropriate recommendations. Regularly uses discretion and independent judgment in managing the culture of safety for the assigned territory. Collaborates with Human Resources and Employee Health professionals throughout the assigned territory to ensure compliance with OSHA standards and reporting requirements. Ability to evaluate safe patient handling and other safety resources currently in use at the hospital, and make appropriate recommendations. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested, to include but not limited to, delivering training on the above subjects and conducting site visits to ensure compliance through audits, facility walk through, and root cause analysis. Success in this role will be evidenced by an overall reduction in assigned facility events. Extensive daily and overnight travel required, up to 75%.
- Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources or Safety related area required.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience managing safety processes and other loss prevention activities in a hospital setting required.
- Knowledge of OSHA Standards applicable to the healthcare industry required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working with OSHA, The Joint Commission, CARF, CMS and other regulatory agencies
- Ability to travel using publicly available air and ground transportation
- Clinical Licensure in the state of residence is preferred
- Experience dealing with confidential employee and health information
- Experience working with employees impacted by an industrial incident
- Relevant Certification is desirable, CHSP, CPHRM, CPSO, CHFM, or similar
- Experience working with hospital leadership to effect change
- Exemplifies Standards of Behavior
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions.
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
- Must have access to an airport within a 50 mile radius of residence.
- Must have a space suitable for a work-from-home/home office setup
Please complete our online application and submit your resume for immediate consideration.