Omni hotels & resorts
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Manager
at Omni hotels & resorts
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Human Resources
La Mansion del Rio
The Omni La Mansion del Rio is ideally nestled along the historic Riverwalk among the banks of the Paseo del Rio in downtown San Antonio. It is within easy walking distance of the famous Alamo, El Mercado, La Villita District, Spanish governor’s Palace, San Antonio Convention Center and other well-known landmarks.
Omni La Mansion del Rio’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni La Mansion del Rio may be your perfect match.
Assists with the management of all functions of the Human Resources department, including training, benefits management, employee relations, and recruitment, in accordance with Omni standards.
- In absence of the Director, assumes role & responsibility for the Human Resources Department.
- Participates in planning and execution of associate events planned by the Human Resources Department.
- Develop associate communications network within the hotel, via bulletin boards, department communication boards, posters and flyers.
- Act as liaison to management for all associates.
- Clearly and accurately document all associate issues on a timely basis following counseling and disciplinary procedures.
- Maintains associate Personal Time Off Program within the hotel.
- Coordinates salary administration and review process.
- Has excellent knowledge of Benefits Administration, Benefit and Employment Law, ERISA Law, FMLA, ADA, Workers Compensation Law.
- Ensures Leave of Absence Policy is adhered to, tracked and that correct documentation and action is followed by departments and associates.
- Develop and/or participate in Staff Training initiatives, including monthly management training in accordance with the Omni Training Matrix, and departmental service training .
- Works with departmental management to ensure that Safety Training is alive and well in departmental meetings, stand up meetings, and in the consciousness of each hotel associate.
- Collaborates with Risk Management to ensure timely and accurate incident/accident reporting. Responsible for ensuring proper use of forms, medical services and reporting standards to insurance company.
- Controls the check book accounting for the Human Resources Department by monitoring expenditures and ensuring that the department stays within budget on a month to month basis.
- Champions Omni Six Pillars Culture on property, and enthusiastically promotes opportunities within the hotel and company.
- Manages associate benefit file system to Omni Standard and ensures accurate documented enrollment for all eligible associates.
- Monitor unemployment insurance claims and actively work to reduce claim liability through detailed documentation and hearing compliance.
- Conduct pre-screening of line/management position applicants to include administering the Predictive Index and to explain to management.
- Develop networking contacts and coordinate local job fairs with local colleges.
- Conducts exit interviews for all terminating associates and ensures final clearance and pay check distribution.
- Manage HRIS to ensure compliance with applicant flow log, drug testing, I9’s, background & reference check, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- At least 2 years of prior HR Manager experience required, preferably within a hotel setting
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office Products
- Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skill
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including day, evening, weekends and holidays
- Prior hotel Human Resources experience preferred.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.