Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Manager in Training
OnTrac is hiring!
- Shadows facility and works directly with department management to see how they lead Operations in the execution of business plans and strategies.
- Learns about the facilities financial performance and adjusts strategies accordingly – provides input as required.
- Researches opportunities for improvement of key metrics and executes action plans to achieve results.
- Learns all aspects of line haul logistics coordination, Pick-Up and Delivery, and intricacies of Vendor Relations and Vendor model.
- Strives to have an engaged workforce; implements programs to improve morale.
- Maintain and contribute to a safe work environment by adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Safety Program.
- Develops relationship and understanding of the facility security program.
- Leadership responsibilities include but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, performance management, discipline, addressing employee concerns and staff productivity.
This position requires the following competencies:
- Demonstrates Business and Technical Acumen:
- Knows what is important to focus on and manages work in an organized fashion.
- Anticipates issues and prevents them.
- Understands KPI’s and P&L and knows what changes to make to improve.
- Carefully weighs the priority of things to be done.
- Advocates and Leads Change:
- Helps individuals or groups manage the anxiety associated with change.
- Is willing to try different ways of doing things in order to promote change for the better.
- Demonstrates flexibility when processes require changing.
- Engages and Inspires Others:
- Always treats people with respect and dignity and promotes a pleasant and professional work environment.
- Promotes cooperation with other departments and facilities.
- Communicates and Influences:
- Ensures regular, consistent communication takes place with tem/vendors and manager.
- Ensures that important information from his/her management is shared with his/her employees/vendors or others.
- Is proficient at written and verbal communication.
- Uses empathy when communicating.
- Develop Self and Others:
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses, seeks feedback from others.
- Has a self-development plan.
- Expects employees to create their own development plan and reviews employee’s progress.
- Sets and reviews goals for facility employees timely.
- Understands his/her own strengths and weaknesses.
- Customer Focused:
- Takes ownership of customer’s service issue to resolve. Manages issues with urgency to meet customer’s expectations.
- Makes decisions for business unit based on how the decision affects the customer.
- Communicates to employees the effects decisions and performance make on customers.
- Has faith in one’s own ideas and willingness to take an independent position.
- Manages own behavior to prevent or reduce feelings of stress.
- Does what he/she commits to doing.
- Is known for being credible, reliable, trustworthy, fair and ethical.
- Presents self crisply and impressively.
- Respects the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others.
Mentored and trained by Regional General Manager, Directors and General Managers and works closely with facility department supervisors.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in warehouse environment. The noise level is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The physical activity associated with this position is considered high. The employee will occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move items averaging 50 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- College degree strongly preferred.
- Six years management experience, four in similar industry; or equivalent combination of both education and specific work experience.
- Ten years of industry experience, or less with Bachelor’s Degree.
- Knowledge of OnTrac business and processes.
- Above average skills in Microsoft Windows applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must be willing and able to relocate.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, and other simple mathematical computations.
- It is the responsibility of every position to understand and adhere to the security guidelines outlined in OnTrac’s Acceptable Use policy and to conduct their activities accordingly.