Pacific Dental Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting Operations Director
at Pacific Dental Services
- Requisition ID
- Location : External Name
- National Support Center
The Dir, Accounting Operations will be responsible for supervising consistent accounting processes and practices across Pacific Dental Services, ensuring internal controls and compliance, assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes as the company continues its growth trajectory. The Dir, Accounting Operations must be adept at tapping diverse sources of information, anticipating challenges, and devising and executing breakthrough strategies to deliver against current and future accounting priorities.
- Supervise and review G/L Accountants work and ensure that account reconciliations are completed accurately and timely.
- Oversee the review of operational transactions/events and reporting, the analysis and reconciliation of budget variance reports and general ledger accounts.
- Complete certain higher level month-end account reconciliations with minimal supervision (e.g. loan borrowing base, deferred rent GAAP adjustment, PT exchanges and workers compensation reserve).
- Function as the liaison between the Company and the auditors, handling the scheduling of audits, ensuring the necessary work papers are accurately and timely prepared, and following through to the close of the audit and ensuring favorable results.
- Work with the internal tax department to help provide the necessary information for the annual income taxes, and the property and use tax returns.
- Perform financial analysis, variance analysis, profitability analysis, and other ad hoc analysis as needed by Controller and Executive Management team.
- Ensure the timely and accurate maintenance of the financial books and records of the Advisory Board Company on a GAAP basis, including the external filing of financial statements in accordance with SEC standards.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Business, Finance or Healthcare or equivalent experience. In lieu of degree, 12+years of experience is required.
- A total of at least 10 years work experience in the Accounting field with at least 2 years in a supervisory role and including at least 2-years at a public accounting firm.
- CPA certificate required.
- Experience in a multi-regional healthcare, retail, or dental company.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access.
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.