Pacific Dental Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Pacific Dental Services
- Requisition ID
- Location : External Name
- Pacific Dental Services Supported Office
The primary role of the Superintendent, Construction is to coordinate all site construction activities and supervise all field construction personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality while supervising all trade and field personnel, and administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. In addition, the Superintendent, Construction will perform maintenance of the properties, building and equipment as scheduled under the direction of the VP, Construction.
- Responsible for alerting the Maintenance Coordinator of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur.
- Carry pager/cell phone as required for 24-hour emergency on-call maintenance.
- Maintain a professional, courteous manner at all times with dental office employees, vendors, contractors and fellow co-workers.
- Timely complete payroll timesheets and mileage reimbursement forms and submit to Maintenance Coordinator as required.
- Provide effective leadership, coaching, and mentoring in an effort to identify and implement opportunities for improvement and to execute best practices.
- Participate in Human Resources activities, such as recruiting, selecting, developing talent, performance reviews, salary administration, etc. for subordinate team members.
- Coach and mentor less experienced subordinate team members, and create environment for knowledge transfer and cross-training.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies, as well as State, Federal and other regulatory bodies.
- Monitor performance of the assigned department to ensure optimal staffing levels.
- Interact with Regional Partners, VPs and Directors and provide information with respect to job site status.
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities, including, without limitation, the following:
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications;
- Maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems;
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process;
- Understands the project plans, specifications;
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees;
- Prepares, schedules and supervises completion of a final punch list;
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately;
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy; and
- Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office.
- Perform all tasks and labor related to the construction of a commercial building and interior improvements associated therewith, including, without limitation, the following:
- Apply caulking compounds by hand or using caulking guns;
- Build and position forms for pouring concrete, and dismantle forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts;
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards;
- Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones;
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes;
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures;
- Grind, scrape, sand, or polish surfaces such as concrete, marble, terrazzo, or wood flooring, using abrasive tools or machines;
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications;
- Measure, mark, and record openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed;
- Mix ingredients to create compounds for covering or cleaning surfaces; and
- Provide assistance to craft workers, such as carpenters, plasterers, and masons.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 3-5 years construction experience within the office/commercial setting.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience within the dental office setting and ability to work on dental equipment is preferred.
- Licensed Contractor helpful, but not required.
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.