Pacific Dental Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Back Office Manager
at Pacific Dental Services
- Requisition ID
- Location : External Name
- Pacific Dental Services Supported Office
The Regional Back Office Manager oversees the back office management of dental practices in the region. The Regional Back Office Manager participates in the hiring and training of Lead Assistants. They are responsible for the hiring and training of General Practice (GP) and Specialty Dental Assistants. The Regional Back Office manager will develop their team through effective leadership, coaching, and mentoring of the region's GP Lead Assistant and Specialty DA's. The Regional Back Office Manager will develop a culture where the General and Specialty DA teams are fully integrated at the office level creating a cohesive office environment between the General and Specialty Teams. They will work closely with the Regional to ensure the roles and responsibilities of both the region's GP Lead Assistants and Specialty DA's are being effectively managed at the field level. The position includes daily travel to assigned offices in the region. They are responsible for managing the scheduling of the Dental Assistants and ensuring offices are appropriately staffed. They will conduct regional training to ensure DAs are in compliance with state and federal mandatory regulations, following best practices, and delivering the PPE. The Regional Back Office Manager is responsible for ensuring their team maintains an appropriate and adequate clinical supply in the dental practice, while simultaneously remaining fiscally responsible. Must support the policies and goals of PDS and thus participate in the growth and future of the company.
- Provide effective leadership, coaching, and mentoring of Lead Assistants and DAs to assist in the growth of the region and future of the company.
- Implement new procedures and best practices at the field level with concurrent accountability.
- Assist Operations Managers in the recruitment, hiring and development of new Lead Assistants within the region.
- Recruit, develop, and manage Dental Assistants for assigned region. Conduct performance reviews and performance counseling when appropriate.
- Manage scheduling of a master specialty calendar for Specialists and Specialty Assistants, ensuring the offices are appropriately staffed.
- Work closely with the GP Lead Asst to ensure appropriate and adequate clinical supply and equipment in the office for all clinical procedures, while simultaneously remaining fiscally responsible.
- Develop and conduct effective regional training & meetings through the development and execution of outstanding group presentation skills.
- Conduct regional DA workshops following the approved guidelines of the Education development Department.
- Create an environment within the region that promotes a Specialty culture where Specialty DAs are integrated at the office level.
- Ensure DAs actively participate in the Perfect Patient Experience by attending to patient's individual concerns and promoting the good qualities of the Dentist.
- Act as a liaison between Field Operations and Support.
- Ensure DAs are in compliance with the applicable state's Dental Auxiliaries Table of Permitted Duties.
- Perform facility reviews biannually to assist offices in maintaining strict compliance with State, Federal and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
- Responsible for back office set up of DeNovo offices as well as subsequent specialty office launches.
- Ensure DAs have completed all appropriate training as outlined by the Education Development Department.
- Report monthly to the Regional detailing accomplishments and areas for improvement.
- Maintain an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policies. Ensure compliance with Company policies, as well as State, Federal and other regulatory bodies.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED); specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure, or registration requirements. Three to five (3-5) years of related experience in the dental industry. Experience managing geographically dispersed teams.
- Associate degree, Bachelor's degree, or one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Seven to ten (7-10) years of related experience in the dental industry.
- As mandated by applicable state (e.g., coronal polish, x-ray exposure, ultrasonic scaling for orthodontic procedures, pit and fissure sealant application, etc).
Pacific Dental Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.