Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Communications
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||Director of Communications|
|Department Location:||3205/3207 N. Academy, Colorado Springs, CO 80917|
|Category:||Manager / Professional|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit health care organization whose mission is to provide exceptional health care to people facing access barriers through clinical programs and education. We provide integrated health care services to include medical, dental and behavioral health throughout 27 outpatient health centers within El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Elbert and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 950 employees and serves more than 94,000 patients annually in the Pikes Peak and East Central regions of Colorado. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
The Director of Communications is a key member of the Peak Vista leadership team, who will coordinate the development and implementation of communications efforts and supports leadership efforts to expand the portfolio of philanthropic investors to support Peak Vista’s mission
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Works in partnership with Chief Strategy Officer (CSO) and members of Leadership to:
- Develop annual and long-term communications strategies and goals to support Peak Vista’s strategic priorities
- Review and adjust communications department priorities as market conditions define change strategy
- Provide short and long-term market forecasts and reports from primary and secondary market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data to identify potential opportunities for Peak Vista’s enterprise programs and services
- Serve as the Public Information Officer (PIO) for media inquiries to include producing printed and video materials for dissemination, and organizing press conferences and briefings
- Maintain annual calendar of duties and ensure timelines are met
- Organize Peak Vista events, both internal and external
- Manage Health Center signage for optimal patient communication
- Influence present and future services by determining and evaluating current and future market trends
- Maintain professional and human services sector knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Work closely with Leadership and staff to define communication materials to support Peak Vista and associated business ventures
- Develop and implement an integrated communications plan (social media, website, email, print collateral, etc.) to promote Peak Vista generally to the public, as well as to achieve program specific goals.
- Integrate public relations (PR) and communications efforts through positive relationships with the media
- Develops and coordinates all written speeches, presentations, briefings, and other communications for executives and other staff, as needed
- Coordinate PR, advertising and communications needs of Peak Vista. This may include but is not limited to website design and content management, newsletter and brochure production, event promotions, negotiating media buys, social media strategy implementation, press releases, etc.
- Maintain strong community relations by organizing and developing specific outreach programs; determine Peak Vista presence at civic, cultural, educational and healthcare workshops, meetings, fairs, etc.
- Defines and coordinates the work of the Communications and Development departments
Budgeting and Reporting
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Has oversight and management responsibility of the department budgets
- Oversees database integration for strong fund development and tracking
- Ensures that all reports to foundations, corporate contributors and government entities are completed, submitted on time and captured in the database
- Provides monthly department function productivity and performance, financial and managerial reports to the CSO
- Enthusiasm for mission and vision of Peak Vista.
- Demonstrated evidence of progressively increasing skill and performance in all aspects of development and communications.
- Demonstrated track record of effective management of a small team, with evidence of ability to work both independently and interdependently.
- Demonstrated ability to work with peers, effectively manages “up” to the CEO and Board, as well as partnering with the Leadership Team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer-oriented approach with aptitude.
- Strong collaborator and team player, with the ability to drive creativity and enthusiasm in others.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in role-modeling high-level staff performance and creating a “yes, we can” team approach.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, social media, web content management systems, presentation software, online email marketing systems, etc.
- Experience with graphic design and printing, video production, copywriting, social media.
- Experience with database management.
- Facility to use donor database systems and skillful ability to conduct prospect research for corporations and individuals, and a working knowledge of the grantsmanship process.
- Advanced organizational project management skills.
A minimum of five to eight years demonstrable communications experience to include large event planning and management, data driven marketing plan development, and full scope communications management (digital, content, community relations, video, etc.). Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field. Experience working in diverse, under-represented communities is preferred.
Preferred: Training in market research methods and applied understanding of data and analytics-driven marketing.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**PVCHC participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s I-9 to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Records. To learn more, visit: everify.com