Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Information Technology
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||Director of Information Technology|
|Department Location:||3205/3207 N. Academy, Colorado Springs, CO 80917|
|Category:||Administrative / Clerical / Skill Trades|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a non-profit healthcare organization whose mission is to provide exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers. We provide primary care services (medical, dental and behavioral healthcare) through 26 outpatient health centers in El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Arapahoe, Elbert, and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 950 employees and serves 94,000 patients in the Pikes Peak & East Central region. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Responsible for analyzing, planning, implementing, maintaining, troubleshooting and enhancing information technology systems, networks, and infrastructure that includes servers, LAN, WAN, storage arrays, and the virtual, physical, and logical components that integrate these systems together as an enterprise networking platform.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide excellent customer service skills; demonstrate concern and respect for others in all interactions, and inspire confidence and trust.
- Confer with executive team members, decision makers, and key stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Obtain information related to the limitations and capabilities of existing systems.
- Determine capabilities required for information technology projects and projected workloads.
- Evaluate factors such as number of departments and employees serviced by information technology systems, reporting formats required, volume of transactions, time requirements and cost constraints, and need for security and access restrictions to determine hardware configurations.
- Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan for type of computers and peripheral equipment, or modifications to existing equipment and systems, which will provide capability for proposed project or workload, efficient operation, and effective use of allotted space.
- Assess data entry requirements for storage, retrieval, manipulation and analysis of data to determine necessary system capabilities.
- Specifies data center power supply requirements and configuration.
- Trains users to use new or modified equipment.
- Monitors functioning of equipment to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
- Enhances the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of the department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental performance improvement goals.
- Analyzes daily work flows and implements necessary adjustments to address priority objectives and engineering issues.
- Analyzes work order flow / processing and returns, addresses, or escalations appropriately based on engineer skills in the Department.
- Provides purpose, guidance, oversight and direction to Systems Engineers.
- Organizes, oversees, and / or implements training for Systems Engineers and makes recommendations to VP of IT for System Engineers’ training.
IT Voice Systems Engineer, IT Security Engineer, IT Systems Engineer.
Extensive knowledge of supporting and implementing Microsoft Active Directory Services. Extensive experience supporting VMWare vSphere in a cluster configuration. Extensive experience configuring and supporting Virtual Desktop technologies (Microsoft Remote Desktop Services, VMWare Horizon). Strong understanding of networking theory and application. Knowledge of Exchange 2010/2013/365 design concepts, roles, and functionality. Ability to manage and support Exchange 2010/2013/365 messaging. Direct experience configuring Cisco switches, routers, and firewalls. Experience with Cisco IP Telephony hardware, Cisco UCCX, Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Call Manager Express. Understanding of various private and public cloud services required. Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with technical and non-technical customers. Able to work alone and in a team environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or a related field required. Three (3) to five (5) years of IT management experience required. Healthcare experience preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates and Licenses:
Preferred industry standard IT certifications such as: CompTIA, Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OSHA risk level/work environmental hazards: This position has been categorized as OSHA Level Three. See Exposure Control Plan for details.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.