Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Accounts Manager - Collections
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||Patient Accounts Manager - Collections|
|Locations:||3205 N. Academy|
|Category:||Administrative / Clerical / Skill Trades|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a non-profit healthcare organization whose mission is to provide exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers. We provide primary care services (medical, dental and behavioral healthcare) through 27 outpatient health centers in El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Arapahoe, Elbert, and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 850 employees and serves 92,000 patients in the Pikes Peak & East Central Plains region. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Summary: Manages, supervises, and coordinates Patient Accounts by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. The Assistant Director of Patient Accounts position and job functions are a value-added service requiring commitment to Peak Vista's Core Values. Oversees charge posting and patient collection for non-dental services. Responsible for departmental performance on organizational assigned goals, metrics and KPIs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages the overall health of Peak Vista’s patient receivables.
- Responsible for system evaluation in regards to charge process and collections, making recommendations for system upgrades and updates and process improvement.
- Responsible for participation in the evaluation of new program and processes that relate to patient accounts charge and collection functions and recommendations regarding program and process implementation and follow up.
- Responsible for the completion of all charge and payments patient accounts duties, by patient accounts staff, prior to every month end and reconciliation of all work quarterly and at the end of every fiscal year.
- Participation in and support of audit functions throughout Peak Vista.
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of account work inside the practice management system.
- Understands and remains updated with current coding and charge regulations and compliance requirements.
- Ensures that the activities of the charge and payment operations are conducted in a manner that is consistent with overall department protocol, and are in compliance with Federal, State and payer regulations, guidelines and requirements.
- Responsible for limitation of uncollectable charges due to non-payor causes and overseeing the management of the day to day activities of Peak Vista patient accounts receivables.
- Communicates issue and concerns in a proactive way with other leaders for problem resolution.
- Works collaboratively and strategically with the Revenue Cycle team to develop and operationalize processes and procedures, with continuous process improvement activities.
- Creates or assigns the creation of written Patient Accounts guidelines, policies and standard operating procedures and ensure consistent company-wide implementation, as appropriate.
- Assists with training support, based on departmental need.
- Contributes to the ongoing performance management, to include quality assurance and process improvement activities.
- Prepare and analyzes reports and updates to assist with departmental decision making.
- Cultivates and encourages a culture of kindness.
- Displays strong detailed orientated skills with the proven ability to multitask.
Education: Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred in business or healthcare administration. (work experience substituted 3 years’ experience for every one year of college requirement).
- Minimum of 1-3 years in management of diverse multifunctional teams preferred. Previous work experience in the health care arena, such as practice management, desired.
- Three (3) years medical billing/cashier experience preferred, customer service experience, previous community or public health experience desired and previous ambulatory or hospital experience required. Knowledge of insurance coverage and eligibility requirements. Basic accounting / finance knowledge helpful
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Needs high language skills.
Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. High reasoning and critical thinking abilities, analytical skills.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Internet software and Database software. An individual should also be skilled in PC based systems, and have keyboarding skills.
Physical Demands The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.