Peak Vista Community Health Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP of Planning and Performance Management
at Peak Vista Community Health Centers
|Title:||VP of Planning and Performance Management|
|Department Location:||3205/3207 N. Academy, Colorado Springs, CO 80917|
|Category:||Manager / Professional|
Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit health care organization whose mission is to provide exceptional health care to people facing access barriers through clinical programs and education. We provide integrated health care services to include medical, dental and behavioral health throughout 27 outpatient health centers within El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Elbert and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 950 employees and serves more than 94,000 patients annually in the Pikes Peak and East Central regions of Colorado. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
The Vice President of Planning and Performance Management is tasked with developing and maintaining effective teams throughout the areas assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Provide management to the areas of Communication, Contracts, Development, and Quality.
- Project manage Strategic Planning, Development, and Advocacy efforts to include creation and implementation of plans and activities with collaboration of executive leadership.
- Plan and develop policies and procedures to support business strategies and growth.
- Manage, support, and coach direct reports (i.e. Directors) in their work and provide strategic management.
- Proactively lead in a manner that empowers teams by providing effective guidance and direction, conveying confidence through words and actions
- Measure and regularly communicate the operational performance (cost, quality, time, customer issues) of all department through the establishment and maintenance of effective metrics and related capabilities (i.e., processes, systems, data)
- Hire, train, engage, empower, develop and mentor senior department management staff while maintaining a succession plan for all areas.
- Establish performance goals for each department in collaboration with senior department leadership staff and the Executive Leadership Team
- Establish, deploy, and continuously improve a standard, consistent way of managing each department to facilitate continued company growth
- Plan and execute ongoing productivity improvement strategy across department operations, leveraging internal and external best practices
- Collaborate and interact with other departments to establish and refine efficient and effective processes while ensuring the company's operational priorities are aligned with the company strategy
- Maintain acute awareness of industry rules and regulations and operationalize any needed changes, through the use of leadership staff
- Ensure compliance to all rules and regulations regarding any areas of assigned responsibility
- Operate continuous process improvement regarding data governance and data acceptance, to meet organizational objectives.
- Liase between Vice Presidents and the Executive Team in the implementation of operational projects to meet strategic goals
- Maintain an operating plan for the business units assigned to meet strategic objectives in the 1-3-5 year timeframe
- Provide coverage for the Chief Strategy Officer, in times of absence, to maintain essential operations
- Perform related and ‘other duties’ as assigned
Supervision Received: Chief Strategy Officer
Supervision Exercised: Directors, Executive Office Administrator, Project Coordinators
The full job description for this position is comprised of the job summary, relationships, qualifications, work environment, job duties, core competencies and hospitality behaviors listed below.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferred.
Project management experience, and the data elements required for a successful project, preferred.
7 years experience in business development, performance improvement, and strategy with 6 years leadership experience, required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Internet software and Database software.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**PVCHC participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s I-9 to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Records. To learn more, visit: everify.com