Phoenix Union High School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
18/19 SY- CONTRACT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST, SR. @ CEE (CC #78444)
at Phoenix Union High School District
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 2820
Openings as of 4/19/2019
Classified Business and Finance
- 18/19 SY- CONTRACT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST, SR. @ CEE (CC #78444) JobID: 2820
- Position Type:
Classified Business and Finance/CONTRACT MANAGEMENT SPEC/SR
- Date Posted:
CEE- CENTER FOR EDUCATIONAL EXCELLENCE (BUSINESS)
- Closing Date:
OPEN UNTIL FILLED POSITION TITLE: Contract Management Specialist, Sr. DIVISION: Business/Operations
WORK YEAR: 12 months DEPARTMENT: Supply & Property
LOCATION: CES SALARY SCHEDULE: Support Services
$20.68-$22.27 Depending on Experience
DEFINITION: The Senior Contract Management Specialist performs all aspects of complex purchasing assignments necessary for the efficient and effective operation of the District. Performs jobrelated duties as assigned.
1. Initiates purchase action for supplies, equipment, and services based on analysis of quality, price, and delivery terms offered by vendors.
2. Prepares bid/quote invitations and specifications for supplies, equipment, and services.
3. Obtains and analyzes price quotations; compares specifications for compatibility with requisition.
4. Prepares requisition with information necessary for issuance of Purchase Order.
5. Assist District personnel with determining of correct product to meet a particular need, locates vendor source, and obtains estimated costs for Budget purposes.
6. Maintains current sources of supplies, bid mailing lists, and personnel contacts for assigned commodities.
7. Oversees the Purchasing Department when the Division Manager is absent and represents the Division Manager at meetings throughout the District, City and State.
8. Maintains current technical library.
9. Assists Division Manager with analyzing bids and preparing recommendations for purchase action.
10. Assists with preparing required reports.
11. Places procurement card orders as required and reconciles procurement card statement on a monthly basis.
12. Negotiates best and final pricing and coordinates contract awards.
POSITION TITLE: Senior Contract Management Specialist
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
2. Knowledge of State purchasing laws and District purchasing policies and procedures.
3. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
4. Ability to prepare and interpret bid and quotation invitations and specifications.
5. Ability to represent the school District effectively in dealings with vendors.
6. Ability to maintain accurate records and reports regarding purchasing activity.
7. Five years of experience as a Contract Management Specialist/buyer.
Division Manager – Supply & Property
Purchasing staff as directed by, and in the absence of, the Division Manager
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!