Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
1845 - Program Coordinator (Building Contract Services Coordinator)
at Pima County
- Position Description
This position is in the Contract Services Division of the Pima County Facilities Management Department. OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
Salary Grade: 51
Plans, coordinates, monitors and participates in administrative and operational activities associated with a specialized program within Pima County. Supervises staff and performs program-related community relations activities. A "Program" is a single, specific purpose/activity and is ancillary to the main function of the organization. Typically the longevity and funding of a "program" are subject to internal and external factors.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Plans, organizes, coordinates and administers the activities of a specialized program within Pima County;
Assists the Program Manager or department director in developing and establishing program goals and objectives;
Evaluates program effectiveness and measures/reports on program success;
Supervises, trains and evaluates staff, determines work assignments and priorities and participates in personnel selection;
Monitors program-specific legislation and ensures program compliance with applicable regulations;
Performs public relations activities as a program representative, makes program-related presentations to the general public, prepares and presents news releases and other media materials and participates in the development of community awareness programs;
Coordinates the development of training and informational materials to promote public understanding of program activities, services and requirements;
Establishes and maintains liaison relationships and coordinates program activities with other departments, public and private agencies, organizations and groups;
Conducts meetings to resolve problems, address issues, discuss program goals and objectives and disseminate information;
Monitors grants, program contracts and/or contractor performance;
Participates in the development of the program budget and supervises the monitoring and administration of program funds;
Conducts program-related studies and prepares written reports and recommendations;
Prepares routine and special program status reports for federal, state and county agencies;
Analyzes data and prepares program activity reports and statistical materials for management review;
May access or maintain specialized databases containing program-specific information to record activity or generate reports;
May write and submit grant applications and prepare/review proposals.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- principles and techniques of public relations and media resources;
- community agencies, organizations and resources;
- principles and practices of effective supervision and program administration;
- federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations;
- principles and practices of grant administration;
- budgeting and fiscal accountability;
- data and statistical analysis techniques and application to planning studies and projects;
- principles and techniques of effective communication to include written composition and public speaking;
- applications of automated information systems.
Some positions within this classification require knowledge of program-specific terminology, principles, practices and procedures.
- planning, organizing and coordinating program activities;
- communicating effectively;
- establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with governmental agencies, community and special interest groups;
- supervising, training and evaluating personnel;
- identifying needs and developing and implementing programs to meet those needs;
- preparing budgets and monitoring funds;
- data analysis and report preparation;
- use of automated information systems to maintain or produce data.
- Minimum Qualifications
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in public or business administration, accounting, finance or a closely related field as defined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment and three years of experience coordinating, monitoring, and/or administering program activities (See Special Notice section for additional requirements).
(Additional relevant experience and/or education from an accredited college or university may be substituted.)
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
(Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Five (5) or more years experience enforcing terms of multiple contracts and insuring that vendor services meet those terms.
- Five (5) or more years experience with industrial custodial/housekeeping standards and safety practices.
- Three (3) or more years experience with preparing contract specifications for service contracts (i.e. janitorial, landscape, pest control etc).
- Three (3) or more years experience in budgeting, costing and report writing.
- Three (3) or more years experience with principles and practices of employee supervision, training and evaluation.
- Three (3) or more years experience with Pima County contracting policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience/proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel, and Word programs.
- Must have demonstrated experience managing contracts and contractor accountability along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to establish effective working relationships with co-workers, contractors and members of the public.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
- Supplemental Information
Licenses and Certificates: Valid driver license is required at time of application. Valid AZ driver license is required at time of appointment. The successful applicant will be subject to a 39-month DOT Motor Vehicle Record review to determine applicant's suitability to operate county vehicles in accordance with Pima County administrative procedures. Failure to obtain and maintain the required licenses and certifications shall be grounds for termination. Any offer of employment resulting from this recruitment is contingent upon Risk Management's review and approval of the candidate's driving record.
Special Notice: Must be able to pass a background check. Some positions within this classification may require up to two years of prior supervisory experience (as determined by the appointing authority) and may require irregular work schedules and/or travel. Some positions within this classification carry a low risk of exposure to infectious diseases. Therefore, special medical screening prior to or during employment may be necessary to ensure employee health and safety. Successful completion of a satisfactory personal background investigation, polygraph test and/or drug screening by law enforcement agencies at time of appointment may be required.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.