Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HOSPITAL CHIEF EXECUTIVE - PRESBYTERIAN HOSPITAL
at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Requisition ID
- Default: Location : City
- Location : Name
- Presbyterian Hospital
- Default: Location : State/Province (Full Name)
- New Mexico
The Presbyterian Hospital Chief Executive is responsible for all day-to day operations and services of the 453-bed hospital in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The Chief Executive will provide the vision, leadership, and administration of all aspects of the organizations activities to ensure compliance with established objections and with the realization of high value healthcare services to the community. The Hospital Chief Executive will focus attention on maintaining and strengthening the organizational culture through leadership and workforce development for achieving organizational goals for excellence in patient experience, provider relations, and quality. In addition, this position requires comprehensive knowledge of strategy development, quality and process improvement, utilization of a daily management system, service growth, and financial performance. Experience within a matrixed, complex health system will be useful as this position interfaces and collaborates with other PHS hospitals in the metro, key physician leaders and the employed medical group and its leaders. Collaboration is a vital success factor to this role. This position is also an engaged community leader and a symbol of stability, kindness and leadership strength, both within and outside the hospital.
- Deploy a culture of continuous improvement and patient safety that ensures the successful adoption of best practice for clinical outcomes.
- Lead hospital patient experience initiatives and ensure alignment across Presbyterian Healthcare Services for a seamless patient and member experience.
- Accountable for maintaining a highly engaged workforce and strong partnership with both employed and independent physicians and advanced practice clinicians.
- Ensure succession and development plans for key leadership roles.
- Responsible for all aspects of financial and operational performance.
- Oversee the budget development and alignment with clinical services.
- Leads monthly business operational reviews, implements and executive's initiative to assure budget and staffing targets are met.
- Execute and participate in immediate and long-term interventions for improvements of daily operational issues.
- Oversee and execute disaster plans when activated for PH hospital and campus.
- Accountable for execution of initiatives for successful patient flow. accountable for facility compliance with established policies, The Joint Commission, State licensure and other regulatory standards, safety, environmental, and legal requirements.
- Accountable for effective campus planning, growth, and development.
- Has direct responsibility for Kaseman campus (ED and behavioral health).
- Master's Degree in health care administration or health-related field and/or business required.
- 5 years of progressively responsible leadership positions in a complex health-care system.
- CEO experience preferred but will consider COO experience if in a 500+ bed facility within a regional health care delivery system.
- Fellowship in the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) preferred or a willingness to attain.
In-depth knowledge of all aspects of hospital administration, healthcare industry, business development, financial management. Leadership skills with emphasis on collaboration, planning, and process improvement.
This role is a highly visible position so frequent rounding within and around the hospital and associated spaces required with an emphasis on approachability and accountability.
Will serve to support PHS Senior VP of Hospital Operations as assigned for coverage needs at times.
Serves on the city-wide administrator-on-call rotation.
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.