Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, QUALITY & MEMBER EXPERIENCE - PRESBYTERIAN HEALTH PLAN
at Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Requisition ID
- Location : Location
The Vice President of Quality and Member Experience will report to the President of Presbyterian Health Plan. She/he will provide primary leadership over PHP’s Quality, Population Health and Member Experience programs, and be expected to partner directly with PHP’s Chief Medical Officer to achieve PHP’s quality aims. This position will also coordinate their work with PHS’s quality programs and leadership. She/he will be a key member of PHP’s leadership team which is inclusive of other Vice President’s across PHP. It is also critical that this position work closely with the Chief Medical Officer, in a dyad type relationship where together, there is coordination of our quality, clinical, and health management programs across PHP.
President, Presbyterian Health Plan
Director of Member Experience
Director of Population Health
Other key Relationships:
PHP Chief Medical Officer
PHP Leadership Team (Vice President level leadership team)
PHS Chief Medical and Clinical Transformation Officer
Data and Analytics Leaderships
PHS Population Health Leadership
PHS Quality Leadership
PHS Chief Digital Officer
PHS Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer
PHS Senior Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer
- Direct and administer three divisions of PHP: Member experience, Population Health, and Quality.
- Oversight of Member Experience requiring development and deployment of strong analysis and insights into the experiences of our members, accountability for member surveys, obtaining deep insights from our members through member forums, formation of member research and insight tools, and formation of strategic initiatives.
- Oversight of Population Health Quality programs includes the functions of NCQA Accreditaton, Quality of Clinical Care, Critical Incident Management, and Wellness and Health Education. A key focus area will be the development of our annual and long-range Quality plans, and directly coordinating and collaborating with PHS Quality team’s leadership on all quality aspects, including such initiatives as patient and member safety.
- Leading the selection of PHP’s quality measurement system, including selection of measures, benchmarking, and target setting.
- Leading the identification of opportunities for improvement and the development of high reliability processes that produce sustainable results.
- Key participant and driver in variety of external and internal audit and compliance reviews, including for example Medicare program audits.
- Collaboration across many departments and with many key leaders across PHP and PHS, including PHP’s Chief Medical Officer and PHS’s Vice President of Quality.
- Work closely with clinical and system leadership to implement new programs, technologies and strategies that improve health plan operations and care delivery across the entire care continuum.
- Developing analytics to measure and improve on key member experience and quality initiatives, to reinforce a discipline around gathering facts and data to achieve PHP’s quality and experience initiatives and targets.
- Providing advice, direction and counseling to the President of PHP.
- Preparing and leading strong, insightful, and strategic level presentations and summaries for a variety of Boards and Committees.
- Representing the best interests and brand of Presbyterian in the community and with key stakeholders, including for example, employer purchasers, New Mexico Coalition for Healthcare Value, State of New Mexico Human Services Department, among many others.
- Leading through influence as well as direct accountability in a highly matrixed organization.
- Bachelors Degree required, Masters preferred.
- 5 years of Health Plan Quality leadership experience.
- Experience with Medicaid populations strongly preferred.
- Experience with Member relations/engagement strongly preferred.
* Bachelor Degree
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.