Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Progress Residential
- Job ID
- Job Location
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 30,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology.
Over the past three years our portfolio has doubled in size and we have added new executive leadership, including the recent appointment of Charles “Chaz” Mueller to Chief Executive Officer. We see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
Progress Residential has a national footprint with our executive office located in Dallas, Texas, our corporate office in Scottsdale, Arizona and regional offices in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, and Tampa.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing the daily operations of the corporate accounting team.
- Review, analyze and record adjustments and accruals to the general ledger.
- Review and prepare bank and other account reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed assets and record depreciation.
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable functions including batch review and posting.
- Responsible for the first level of review of the financials for multiple entities.
- Review and prepare management reports.
- Compile supporting schedules and assist during the annual audits.
- Assist with special projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance required and CPA strongly preferred.
- 7-10 or more years’ accounting experience.
- Yardi experience (multi-family) preferred.
- Real Estate/Property Management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to be independent and a self-starter: is self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects.
- Proven problem solving, analytical, troubleshooting and time-management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management and outside vendors.
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills; has ability to convey a clear and concise thought.
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.