Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager (Construction - RTS)
at Progress Residential
Project Manager (Construction - RTS)
- Job ID
- Job Location
- US-NJ-Cherry Hill
- Renovations, Turns & Service (RTS)
- Southern New Jersey
Pretium Partners® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 30,000 homes in fifteen of the country’s fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership. Pretium Partners is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000 residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. We are entering the New Jersey market and are looking for some energetic, flexible and growth-minded individuals to join our team.
The Project Manager is responsible for determining cost and labor estimates, monitoring and providing oversight of work performed and providing quality assurance during related workflows necessary to complete renovation projects. Project Managers are involved in working with both approved vendors and our internal teams to address required construction and renovation processes. The Project Manager is responsible for tracking, reporting and providing accurate records
This position will perform interior and exterior renovation of about 80 homes per month. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with all aspects of residential construction/renovation
- Experience supervising and motivating a team
- Knowledge of construction costs and vendor management
- Excellent organizational skills and a professional attitude
- Perform due-diligence inspections and develop a scope of work on assigned homes to determine the labor, vendor and material needs for completing a renovation project based on Company standards
- Coordinate and schedule work directly and/or through the Project Coordinator
- Track and assign work to third party vendors to ensure that homes move to rent ready status as quickly as possible
- Perform quality control inspections and ensure all identified punch list items are completed either by the contractor or by performing the work directly
- Complete property inspections, condition reports, costs and estimates
- Communicate changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs
- Able to complete some basic repairs as needed to reduce cycle times
- Responsible for ensuring all punch list items are completed and days to completion are achieved
- Ensure all workplace safety standards and practices are upheld
- Assists in creation and circulation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Time Management
- Verbal Communication
- Project Management
- Pre-Con Meeting Facilitation
- Assessment Skills
- High School graduate with a valid Driver’s License
- 5 or more years of experience as an assistant superintendent, maintenance supervisor or production home customer service representative
- Strong knowledge of the basic workings of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flooring, appliance, landscaping and irrigation systems
- Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate basic workings of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, flooring, appliance, landscaping and irrigation system
- Must have own truck for travel to and from properties as well as to transport various tools, such as ladders, etc. In addition, verifiable insurance and a valid driver’s license is required
- Organizational skills, attention to detail & high performance standards
- Good communication skills (both oral & written), and must be comfortable scheduling work directly with residents
- Ability to work efficiently and to multi-task
- Proven record of working independently and with minor supervision
- An effective team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to work weekends as necessary
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Basic computer skills. Experience in Excel, Word, Outlook and Yardi Voyager preferred
What you can expect from us:
Pretium Partners® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, and 9 paid holidays.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Pretium Partners® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.