Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Principal, Athletic Director
at Queen Creek Unified School District
This position is for the 2020-2021 school year.
To ensure that all activities at the school are characterized by good communications, adequate safeguards, high level of sportsmanship and discipline with the students, faculty, administration, school board, community and other schools.
- Valid Arizona Principal’s Certificate
- Previous Athletic Director Experience Preferred
- Three years successful teaching experience
- Documented evidence of successful leadership experience
- Advanced coursework preferred
- Must be familiar with AIA rules and regulations
- Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Monitor, direct and manage the interscholastic athletic program and activity program 9-12.
- Set schedules for games, activities and events.
- Arrange for officials/judges and officials/judges’ pay.
- Arrange for equipment for activities.
- Order and advise field or gym set up. Work with maintenance supervisor to establish clear duties for preparation and maintenance of facilities on a rotating basis.
- Arrange for news coverage for competitive events.
- Advise principal on coaching assignments and hiring in coaching areas.
- Advise principal on band, chorus, extra curricular and supplemental contracts.
- Supervise inventories and establish procedure for equipment check out and return.
- Represent activities program before Board and other agencies, AIA, etc.
- Conduct a monthly teacher/coach meeting to review and establish policy, finances and develop support and cooperation through open communications among the coaches and teachers and with the Board and administration.
- Implement a thorough and systematic method for determining students’ athletic/activity eligibility and communicating with other coaches, students and the faculty.
- Enforce eligibility requirements with coaches and teachers.
- Arrange for staff supervision for games, events, concerts, plans and activities.
- Arrange for receipts, security and ticket sales.
- Enforce gym and field rules for spectators and sales during school activities.
- Communicate with administrative office on:
- Community use of school facilities;
- Changes in schedules;
- AIA rules and requirements
- Establish and implement a budget with full participation of all teachers and coaches.
- File transportation requests at the beginning of each session and notify administration and transportation supervisor of any changes as they occur.
- Arrange for summer camps, conditioning programs and education as possible and allowed by AIA.
- Evaluate coaches on seasonal basis
- Coordinate activities with Town of Queen Creek and QCUSD Youth Athletic Program Supervisor.
- Evaluate teachers on supplemental contracts with assistance from Principal.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee is frequently required to move about the campus. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions and extreme heat or cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: FY20 262 DAY per policy GDD. General Leave Days: per policy GDCA
COMPENSATION: Administration Salary Schedule
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Principal and District Athletic Director
EVALUATION: Annually by Principal
Hours: 40 hours per week and may require longer hours and frequent weekend work
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, March 12, 2020 12:00 AM -
Friday, April 3, 2020 11:59 PM
(Mountain Standard Time)