Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Athletic Equipment Manager
at Queen Creek Unified School District
Employee oversees athletic equipment room and issues and maintains team equipment. Work involves initiative and judgment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to lift 50-100 lbs. on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to stand for 3-5 hours during the work day.
- Must be able to be outside periodically throughout the work day.
- Various “hand-on” duties.
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Overall operation of school’s athletic equipment department.
- Pre and post game set up and take down operations.
- Oversee athletic laundry operation.
- Assigns lockers and issues proper equipment to athletes.
- Stores, reconditions, and keeps inventory of athletic equipment.
- Receives and checks in new equipment.
- Recommends equipment purchases subject to coaches/district approval.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relations with students, faculty and administration.
- Supervises students during a minor portion of the employee’s work time.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to use various computer programs (Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to drive equipment van/mini bus to away locations.
- Other various duties requested by site/district administration
- Help with Security at all home games.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee is frequently required to move about the campus. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions and extreme heat or cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 12- Month, Vacation Days: Per policy GCD,
General Leave Days: per policy GCCA
COMPENSATION: Classified Salary Schedule
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Principal and District Athletic Director
EVALUATION: Annually by Principal
Hours: 20 hours per week
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Friday, March 1, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)