Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Child Nutrition Elementary Cafeteria Manager
at Queen Creek Unified School District
The elementary cafeteria manager oversees and participates in the kitchen operations, ensures quality meals, promotes teamwork and maintains a successful kitchen by performing the following duties.
- High School diploma or GED
- Current Food Managers Certificate
- One to two years experience in progressively responsible positions in large quantity food preparation. School cafeteria experience preferred
- Knowledge of HACCP, and workplace safety requirements
- Ability to organize and direct the work of others
- Knowledge of operation of all kitchen equipment
- Ability to lift 50lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work with figures and to make arithmetic calculations
- Ability to communicate with parents, staff and students on Child Nutrition program
- Knowledge of Windows Operating System and IBM computers
- Must speak, read and write English
- Knowledge of and adheres to all policies, regulations and rules
- Must pass fingerprint and background check
Responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees and community.
- Training and supervision of helpers at multiple locations or one location.
- Perform and/or supervision of daily activities fundamental to State and Federal guidelines, including; Operation of computerized meal tracking software; Completion of daily production record, Completion of daily revenue reports; Daily production and serving of breakfast/lunch entrées, and snack items for compliance with NSLP & NSBP guidelines; Operation of kitchen equipment necessary to food production; Coordination of daily cleaning activities; Following established procedure for no-money students; Verifies and monitors HACCP procedures, including temperature logs
- Complete food, milk, paper and a la carte orders on time
- Responsible for evaluation of employees and monitoring employee schedules.
- Keeps inventory records and takes inventory and values according to established district procedures
- Verifies cash collected to software counts and reporting, and reconciles discrepancies
- Maintains labor hours within budget guidelines
- Supervises, trains and schedules staff
- Builds sales by promoting customer satisfaction
- Performs all duties in a safe and prudent manner as directed
- Coordinate district wellness programs for students and staff.
- Assist in developing training options and/or improvement plans to ensure the best operation in the area of food service.
- Assist in training and monitoring of the Child Nutrition point of sale software system.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee is frequently required to move about the campuses and to drive to the schools and departments in the District. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 month part-time
COMPENSATION: Classified Salary Schedule
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Child Nutrition Director
EVALUATION: Initial evaluation to be completed no later than ninety (90) days after first day of work; thereafter, annually by supervisor.
HOURS: 35 hours per week
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480- 987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Friday, April 12, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)