Queen Creek Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Career and Technical Education (CTE)
at Queen Creek Unified School District
This position is for the 2019-2020 school year.
Position is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and monitoring the Career and Technical Education program for the district. Position develops curriculum, provides staff development, submits state and federal reports, and prepares/monitors the CTE budget.
- Master's degree in Education or related field
- Arizona supervisory or administrative level certification preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills in administration for Career/Technical Education programs
- Supports the Strategic Plan of Queen Creek Unified School District.
- Collaborates with EVIT Mesa for the purpose of addressing the transportation routes for students from high school to Mesa and for each of eight satellite programs; financial issues (i.e. reimbursement to the district for EVIT satellite students); EVIT satellite attendance data; and special needs student concerns.
- Conducts program and curriculum meetings of EVIT satellite, teachers (middle and high school), administrators, and counselors for the purpose of monitoring compliance requirements.Coordinates the promotional activities for the purpose of informing parents and community.
- Monitors the expenditure of grant funds for Career/Technical Education program and for the purpose of complying with Federal regulations.
- Prepares numerous reports for the Arizona Department of Education (ADE), Career/Technical Education Division which pertain to enrollment, course/program completers and concentrators, follow-up and performance measures for the purpose of verifying the district’s satisfactory completion of performance measures; 40th and 100th day report of student enrollment and special populations enrollment for funding purposes; annual follow-up of program completers for funding purposes; and grant fiscal mid-year and completion reports.
- Prepares reports for National Clearinghouse and AZCIS.
Supervises an administrative secretary for the purpose of auditing compliance of grant objectives, budgets, data collection and programmatic issues.
- Supervises and evaluates CTE Staff for the purpose of monitoring programmatic, financial and program services.
- Writes and monitors grants for the district (e.g. Carl Perkins, Priority Grant), for the purpose of securing additional funding.
- Writes and updates Intergovernmental Agreements with various entities (e.g., EVIT, Carl Perkins, and State Priority programs, Community College Dual Enrollment agreements) for the purpose of providing collaborative educational experiences for high school students.
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Assists with District-wide College and Career efforts, CCRI and ECAP development.
- Meets with high school counselors monthly.
- Oversees high school students internships and mentorships.
- District Liaison for community meetings (i.e. Town Council, Chamber of Commerce, etc.).
- Responsible for special projects that supports QCUSD Strategic Plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and arms, stand, bend or stoop. The employee is frequently required to move about the campuses and to drive to the schools and departments in the District. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions and extreme heat or cold.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 12- Month, Vacation Days: Per policy GCD, General Leave Days: per policy GCCA
COMPENSATION: Certified Salary Schedule
BENEFITS: As per District policy
REPORTS TO: Execustive Director of Educational Services
EVALUATION: Per District Policy
HOURS: 40 hours per week, may require longer hours; 7:00am-3:00pm
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Queen Creek Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or sexual orientation in admission and access to its programs, services, activities, or in any aspect of their operations and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Queen Creek Unified School District also does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices. The following employees have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Compliance Officer for Title IX, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480- 987-7418 and Compliance Officer for Section 504/ADA, Director of Special Education, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek no discrimina en base a su raza, color, religión, origen nacional, sexo, discapacidad, edad, o la orientación sexual para la admisión y su acceso a sus programas, servicios, actividades, o en cualquier aspecto de sus operaciones y proporciona un acceso igualitario a los Boys Scouts y otro grupos de jóvenes designados. El Districto Escolar Unificado de Queen Creek tampoco discrimina en sus prácticas de empleo y contratación. Los siguientes empleados han sido designados para manejar las preguntas en cuanto a las pólizas de no discriminación: Funcionario de Cumplimiento de Título IX, Asistente del Superintendente de Servicios Auxiliares, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-7418 and Funcionario de Cumplimiento para la Sección 504/ADA, Director de Educación Especial, 20217 E. Chandler Heights Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142, Phone 480-987-5990.
Job Contact Information
Friday, December 21, 2018 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)