Verrado Golf Club
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Marketing Manager
at Verrado Golf Club
Actual Job Title: Community Lifestyle Manager
The Community Lifestyle Manager plays an integral role in advancing the mission of The Victory Club’s Engagement vision, by supporting, managing and fostering unique opportunities for residents to engage, connect and to become leaders within the community. All these initiatives create a sense of community and establish valuable memories and traditions that reflect a lifestyle that sets Victory at Verrado® apart from any other place to live.
The Community Lifestyle Manager cultivates a leadership community by supporting all aspects of volunteer development including, planning, developing, managing, executing and growing community volunteer programs, clubs and groups.
The Community Lifestyle Manager supports the planning and implementation of the development, communications, programming, facilitation and execution of the Club offerings available for the residents of the district. This will also include community events, activities and other civic engagement programs, along with maintaining a seasonal calendar.
The Community Lifestyle Manager is also responsible for supporting long-term relationships and partnerships that grow the quality of opportunities for residents to be more involved in their community and for partners to contribute to community life.
The Community Lifestyle Manager will provide support for operations by being the initial point of contact for customer service needs, managing systems, calendars and schedules for community amenities, and facilitating internal and external communication with the team and the community.
- Strong philosophy towards community and civic engagement practices and supporting programming
- Establish and convey a sense of purpose that is in alignment with the values of Verrado and DMB
- Professional; represents company and community values
- Leader, implements decisions, motivator
- Strategic, visionary, idea-generator
- Intuitive, problem-solver, solutions-oriented, forward-thinker, proactive
- Personable, tactful, diplomatic, strong interpersonal skills, able to connect with and maintain relationships with vendors, clients, partners and team; creates opportunities for inclusion and collaboration
- Positive, enthusiastic, adaptable
- Strong verbal and written communication; comfortable presenting in front of large audiences
- Exceptional customer service approach and ethics
- Ability to work well under pressure, in a fast-paced and high-demand environment
- Fiscally responsible
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple responsibilities in order to meet strict deadlines
- Conscientious and dependable work ethic; demonstrates rigorous follow through
- High degree of sensitivity and political astuteness
- Can work independently and be self-sufficient, as well as fosters a “team” environment with other departments, Community Life, residents, volunteers, community stakeholders, vendors, and support staff (if applicable), etc.
- Ability to work within a flexible schedule that involves evenings, weekends and holidays
Education and Experience:
- College degree preferred, Recreational Management or industry related training equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of experience in progressively responsible positions
- Experience with recruitment, management, motivation and retention of volunteers
- Experience with special event planning and coordination
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills, including leading group functions and meetings
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated skill in producing clear, accurate and detailed work plans, programs, and reports
- Time management
- Write correspondences effectively for varying audiences (residents, staff, partners, etc.)
- Understand and carry out clear oral and written instructions
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, etc.) skills required.
- Physical Requirements:
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required, depending on business demands
- Medium work – Exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or 25 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push or pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by residents, stakeholders, management and co-workers
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Be proactive in exceeding the expectations and satisfaction of our residents.
- Hire, train, schedule, supervise, and prepare periodic performance reviews for the Ambassador staff.
- Main point of contact for scheduling and planning of classes and programs
- Main point of contact for resident driven events
- Maintain and update the Club calendar, space reservations for facility updated daily online
- Coordinate with manager to maintain communication process including emails, member mailings, calendar of events, activities flyers, etc.
- Research, create, develop, and oversee internal and external Club marketing of resident services and activities
- Plan and coordinate timely, cutting edge events/seminars/presentations for residents
- Prepare an annual Community Life Plan for presentation to the Clubhouse Manager.
- Create and keep the Club calendar updated daily
- Lead and oversee collaborative opportunities with residents, community clubs, partners, private agencies and businesses to facilitate and develop programs, form partnerships, clarify procedures, identify needs, and promote opportunities to reach mutually beneficial goals
- Analyze resident surveys and data; lead initiatives to provide programming solutions for community needs and interests
- Control and monitor expenses for Community Engagement Team, including initiating cost-cutting measures and creative cost-saving solutions to meet or beat budgeted revenue and expense goals. Review monthly financial statements and accounting reconciliation for Department
- Support the increase of Club revenue and profitability
- Forecast expenses for special events
- Order equipment, gifts, supplies for special events
- Assist in securing applicable permissions, licenses and certificates which support an event according to applicable state and local laws
- Responsible for required reports that track Community Life activity, bookings and departmental expenditures.
- Develop procedures and assure that these established procedures for referring prospective residents to the Sales team are consistently followed
- Attend all resident functions
- Oversee the planning of sensitive community conversations, programs and meetings
- Prepare articles for newsletters and social media publications
- Develop content for the Victory community communications for the monthly Vine and weekly “This Week at The Victory Club”
- Provide monthly progress reports to the Director of Community Life
- Collaborate with Communications Team and Marketing Department, to oversee marketing plans, including print materials and communications for programs, insuring messaging and details are representative of the programs and Assembly’s mission
- Ensure overall resident satisfaction
- Lead strategic visioning and establish constant evaluation practices to ensure all initiatives are within the Community Life and DMB’s missions, values, and brands
- Set a benchmark of performance in areas of image maintenance, innovation, motivation and animation, presentation expertise and detailed record keeping.
- Approach all encounters with members, guests and fellow employees in a gracious, attentive, courteous and service-oriented manner
- Conduct all business for the club as an ambassador of Verrado – with integrity and in a professional manner at all times
- Respect all stakeholders’ privacy, perspective, priorities, time and resources
- Keep fiscal responsibility and resident satisfaction in mind when making all decisions
- Review the Community Life status of the club with Clubhouse Manager to insure that we are staying abreast of market changes.
- Accept responsibility for personal decisions and actions.
- Responsible for creating a cooperative and enjoyable work environment for all team members who touch the resident experience.
- Maintain effective communications with all team members regarding upcoming events, its related advertising and public relations activities.
- Responsible for making regular contact with providers and partners
- Responsible for communicating to appropriate team members the updates on calendared events and/or initiatives in the works.
- Responsible for communicating any necessary corrections to the various websites, which will be reviewed as needed.
- Responsible for reviewing the budget for Community Life on a monthly basis to insure adherence to it.
- Effectively and accurately communicate all information related to Events to the Clubhouse Manager (or appropriate manager) to insure flawless execution.
- Conduct site tours with relevant partners as necessary
- Responsible for all appreciation letters, gifts and events for booking providers and partners.
- OTHER FUNCTIONS:
- Implementation of policies and procedures as set forth, as applicable
- Enforce rules and regulations governing facility usage.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Verrado standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the Club
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing proper attire and nametag , where applicable, when working
- Comply at all times with Verrado standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient Club operations
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
- Performs other duties as required in harmony with the Clubhouse Manager
- Attend meetings as required by management
- Perform other duties as required