Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Global Category Manager - IT
at Red Hat
- Red Hat Location
- Job type
- Finance, Information Technology
Apply your experience in IT procurement services by working with Red Hat’s leadership and executive teams. The Red Hat Finance team is looking for a Global Category Manager to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will work as part of the Global Procurement team, which is organized into major spend teams, including IT and Telecom, Marketing, Business Services, HR Services, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS), and Travel. You’ll be responsible for engaging Red Hat’s stakeholders, setting procurement strategies, leading strategic sourcing initiatives, negotiating contracts, and managing strategic supplier relationships related to IT purchases. As a Global Category Manager, you will develop category management strategies and optimize the purchase of goods and services for IT in categories such as hardware, software, telecom and IT services, etc. Your success will be measured against business metrics like savings, stakeholder satisfaction, contract management, and supplier management.
Primary job responsibilities
- Partner with stakeholders and budget owners on appropriate spending strategies
- Support stakeholders spend requirements and priorities by implementing procurement initiatives
- Select supplier sources by guiding competitive sourcing activities
- Manage activities related to sourcing, supplier evaluation, and business awards
- Form contracts with selected suppliers to negotiate optimal terms and conditions
- Build strategic relationships and manage supplier performance for key suppliers via stakeholder feedback and performance-based metrics
- Ensure that appropriate business controls are in place to reduce risk and protect Red Hat
- Lead transformational activities to build procurement organizational capabilities and improve procurement efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, or a related field, or, preferably, an MBA degree
- 5-10+ years of procurement experience in various roles
- Experience developing and leading strategic sourcing initiatives for IT-related purchases
- Solid analytical skills demonstrated in performing bid analyses, cost analyses, fair-value analyses, and scenario modeling
- Complex problem-solving skills with the ability to develop and implement creative solutions
- Solid experience with contract negotiations at senior levels
- Experience building relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders and suppliers
- Demonstrated persuasion skills and the ability to gain agreement among a wide range of stakeholders
- Record of leading multi-disciplined projects with minimal supervision
- Experience presenting complex ideas to management in a simplified manner
- Customer service-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and the ability to work as part of a team
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.