Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail National Chain Account Manager
Job Reference #: 25665
Represent RNDC in coordinating the chain activities and initiatives for a designated national account. Will act as a liaison for all RNDC supplier partners in addition to representing all RNDC markets.
Full Relocation Benefits Available
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (additional responsibilities may be assigned)
- Develop a relationship with the designated national chain buyer and/or any respective regional buyer.
- Responsible for communicating issues and opportunities with all points of internal and external contact (state, regional, national).
- Facilitate all national and regional programs with the Company’s supplier network and respective internal points of contact.
- Develop and implement best practices between this position, Company state chain associate positions and the Company’s key decision makers (at the market/state level) to help facilitate chain initiatives for future enhancement of position efficiencies.
- In collaboration with respective Company chain contacts, initiate, pursue and support national and/or regional program opportunities within the Company’s supplier network.
- Communicate the identification of trends/brands which may positively impact sales in other states.
- Possession of and operating a motor vehicle to access customer accounts for delivery, promotion, and efficient and prompt sales and other key activities.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the competencies of the RNDC Manager - Sales Leadership Competency Model:
- Implement Continuous Improvement: Behaviors which result in the improvement of existing processes or development of new processes leading to greater efficiency. It also includes the implementation and management of change. This includes effective business judgment and critical thinking, as well having a systemic perspective of the business.
- Negotiate Conflict Through Collaboration: Behaviors that involve the resolution of conflict, seeking win-win outcomes, picking battles carefully, and dealing with people in a respectful and straightforward way. This means dealing directly with other functions, creating a team approach to problems and discouraging a we vs. them mindset.
- Manage Execution to Attain Results: Behaviors which involve managing people to accomplish goals, including performance management, effective delegation, creating accountability, ensuring high standards and clear goals, etc. This competency includes identification of priorities and actions that have the greatest impact on outcomes and business results.
- Focus on Profitability: Behaviors which have a direct impact on profitability, outside of process improvement activities.
- Attract, Coach, & Promote Talent: Behaviors that contribute to the development of the skills and knowledge of direct reports. This competency includes creating a learning and training environment, coaching and providing feedback, and developing people’s careers.
- Demonstrate Professionalism: Behaviors that contribute to creating an environment of respect and professionalism. Demonstrates excellent communication skills; high integrity; personal responsibility and initiative; treats people with respect; encourages diversity; maintains a positive, professional demeanor; and is serious-minded about responsibilities.
- Create Customer Satisfaction – Sales: Behaviors that involve direct interaction with external customers (trade/market) and lead to increased satisfaction on the part of the customer. Includes creating a culture of customer excellence, being responsive to needs, etc.
- Build Supplier Satisfaction - Sales: Behaviors that involve direct interaction with suppliers which lead to increased satisfaction on the part of the supplier. Includes developing strong working relationships, understand and responding to supplier opportunities, being proactive and a good business partner.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelors degree from four-year college or university preferred; eight or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five or more years previous sales experience with an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or supplier preferred; manager of manager experience preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations, to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as pricing; discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished (in written, oral, or diagram form) and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.), and order processing systems (such as Logility, Microstrategy, ProSpace, and etc.) or the aptitude to learn.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Requires a current, valid state driver's license
- Ability to meet vehicle insurance requirements as defined by the Company.
- Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state
- Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability and flexibility to regularly travel throughout the RNDC marketing area
- Ability to understand and manage wine and spirits portfolios across three states, and provide balanced representation of the portfolios to the customer.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions which may be relevant to driving or flying. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Tools & Technology:
- Tools: Desktop computers; Notebook computers; Personal computers; Personal digital assistant PDAs or organizers; Tablet computers.
- Technology: Customer relationship management CRM software; Data base user interface and query software
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.