Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ebola Preparedness Program Manager, South Sudan
at Samaritan's Purse
Are you a seasoned Health Program Manager? Join us as an Ebola Preparedness Program Manager at Samaritan’s Purse in South Sudan! As an Ebola Preparedness Program Manager, you will be responsible for coordination and oversight of an Ebola training program, associated grant management, and other emergency response health interventions. Your expertise will help to show the love of Christ to a desperate and struggling population. Let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Manages internal and grant budgets for SP South Sudan’s Ebola Preparedness Program.
- Works closely with the International Health Unit (IHU) and Ebola technical specialists (at HQ or rotating into country) for any future Ebola programming needs.
- Implements and manages Ebola preparedness programming in Juba and specified health centers in vulnerable towns identified by the South Sudan Ministry of Health (SSMOH).
- Effectively provides training and follow-up for Ebola preparedness topics and skills, including Infection Prevention Control (IPC) Training, monitoring for suspect cases, and isolation center training.
- Liaises and coordinates with government representatives, SSMOH, the National Task Force (NTF), other NGO staff, donors and partners regarding the advancement of SP programs related to Ebola preparedness programming.
- Lays groundwork of relationships and networks that would be needed should Ebola become active in country.
- Prepares and submits timely and accurate health facility and program reporting to SSMOH, UN agencies, cluster leads, partners, and internal reporting.
- Builds capacity of program staff through on-the-job training and supportive supervisions.
- Continually monitors and evaluates effectiveness of the program through quantitative and qualitative assessments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Water and Sanitation, Public Health or related field and 3-4 years’ experience in Program Management in developing countries/austere conditions, or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Experience in Health Administration and/or Management.
- Experience in an Ebola context - either with extensive WASH or Health background.
- Experience in implementing training and the ability to effectively engage students.
- Experience in coordination with other international humanitarian organizations and UN agencies operating in complex emergencies.
- Excellent management and personnel skills to enable the motivation, encouragement, and participation of the medical team.
- Experience in conducting assessments, program development, and proposal writing.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and health reporting.
- Fluent spoken and written English required.
- Arabic language skills desirable, but not required.
- Possesses strong interpersonal communication skills.
5 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)