Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Kitchen Manager - Boone, NC
at Samaritan's Purse
* USA-NC-N Wilkesboro
Samaritan’s Purse has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Kitchen Manager to join the Food Services team at the International Headquarters of Samaritan’s Purse in Boone, NC. We are seeking an experienced Kitchen Manager who understands how important it is to provide an exceptional dining experience to Samaritan’s Purse staff and guests. Our desire is to hire a hands-on team player who displays servant leadership and a passion for excellence. If this sounds like you we would love to see your application!
- Responsible for all aspects of food service at Samaritan’s Purse Boone, NC dining facility under direct supervision of the Samaritan’s Purse Food Services Assistant Director.
- Estimates and oversees food consumption and purchases or requisitions food and kitchen supplies.
- Analyzes recipes and determines food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Perform a variety of tasks relating to food service including meal preparation for staff and procurement of food.
- Oversees utilization of food surpluses and leftovers, accounting for estimated number of guests, market conditions, popularity of various dishes, and innovation of menu.
- Offers menu recommendations to the Food Services Assistant Director.
- Maintains food supply inventories and submits quarterly reports within five working days after each quarter’s end (March, June, September, and December).
- Supervises Food Services staff, handles staffing issues, daily work assignments, and proper training. Fosters positive environment for Samaritan’s Purse employees by holding staff accountable for maintaining high level of professionalism and exceptional service. Provides clear and frequent communication to Assistant Director on any issues. Be aware of time sensitivity in reporting situations that have escalated beyond minor infractions.
- Maintains clean and orderly work areas, including serving area, kitchen, food storage areas, dish room, storage rooms and office space.
- Follows policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual.
- Attends daily morning devotions and participates in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintains a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Servant Leander- Leads the team with a desire to serve first and helps them develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Broad knowledge of Principles of Cooking.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions. Responds promptly to email, phone and verbal communication.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer; solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; fosters team morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- People Management - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; provides accessibility to staff and provides regular performance feedback; delegates work assignments; empowers workers to function independently.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; analyzes market and competition; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Professionalism - Responds well under pressure; maintains confidentiality; treats others with respect and consideration; consistently exercises high degree of integrity; exhibits sound judgment.
- Adaptability - Navigates environment of frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity to meet challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for work improvements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; and 5-7 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency using database, inventory, spreadsheet and word processing software. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Serve Safe Manager Certification required. Certification must remain current throughout tenure.
Directly supervises 12-14 regular and 4-5 associate non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. This includes bringing issues to the attention on the Food Services Assistant Director in a timely manner.
Full Benefit Package including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)