Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Knowledge Management Specialist, International Projects
at Samaritan's Purse
Job CategoryDirect Labor
Do you balance organization and attention to detail with a passion for building relationships and connecting people to knowledge and ideas? We have an exciting opportunity for a Knowledge Management Specialist to join our International Projects team. This position will be responsible for building department capacity to identify, share, access, and utilize technical knowledge, promote learning content, and advise teams on content management efforts. This position will also assist in the creation and implementation of large-scale training efforts to strengthen the capacity of Samaritan’s Purse field offices and disaster response activities.
Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
What you will be doing:
- Facilitate dissemination of organizational and technical knowledge and learning content at various stages of employee lifecycle through knowledge repositories, resource kits, webinars, learning exchanges, etc.
- Advise and build capacity of internal subject matter experts to capture, curate, and disseminate organizational knowledge.
- Support the cultivation of communities of practice and drive learner engagement within both face-to-face and virtual environments.
- Create internal communication plans promoting the availability of organizational knowledge and learning content at the regional and country levels.
- Provide technical guidance on document and content management (e.g., creation, distribution, revision).
- Assist in creating job-specific learning plans based on job descriptions and leadership priorities.
- Assist Training Team to create training support materials such as job aids, infographics, informal learning opportunities, and web-based learning events.
- Assist team manager with research of world-class training techniques, processes, and materials developed by other organizations and governmental agencies.
- Assist Training Team in logistical support of event activities, including management of training materials inventory, training event set-up, and breakdown as needed.
- Travel internationally to field offices, as needed - average of 10 -15 days per year.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and three years’ related experience in learning and development, knowledge management, communications, and/or content management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent listening and conversational skills
- Can extract information from a process or individual and build performance support tools using that information
- Able to build relationships and connect people to people and people to knowledge across the organization
- Builds trust with subject matter experts from varying educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Highly organized and efficient approach to content, project, and task management
- Experience serving internationally in an NGO context, preferred
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
Regular, Full-time position
Full Benefit Package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick/personal time
Frequently Asked Questions regarding an application for employment with Samaritan’s Purse: http://careers.samaritanspurse.org/faqs
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)