Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Superintendent - Panama City Rebuild
at Samaritan's Purse
Families along the Florida Panhandle are still struggling on a long road to recovery after Hurricane Michael slammed into the state in early October. Samaritan's Purse is switching from the relief stage to a Rebuild Project to assist families with housing. The Project Superintendent will oversee the rebuilding and construction of homes utilizing volunteer labor. They will also supervise staff and lead volunteers as well as coordinate and partner with churches, local governments, and other relief agencies.
- Maintain a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Responsible for spiritual care of staff.
- Oversee all site activities, adapting plans quickly to changing conditions as necessary.
- Oversee financial transactions; prepare daily/monthly report of activities. Work with and within budgets.
- Hold regular weekly staff meetings to discuss progress, issues, and direction.
- File proper paperwork with Headquarters in regards to on-site injuries or damage to Samaritan’s Purse vehicles or tools.
- Oversee all aspects of construction and other work done by independent sub-contractors (electrical, plumbing, drywall, HVAC, etc.).
- Greet and welcome volunteer teams on a rotational basis with the rest of the team; make daily visits to work sites; assist with delivery of tools and supplies as needed.
- Communicate and minister to the beneficiaries, keeping them informed of the team's work.
- Work with local churches to ensure follow-up with homeowners and program continuation after Samaritan's Purse has completed their project.
- Work as a liaison between the host church and Samaritan’s Purse headquarters.
- Handle conflict resolution as necessary with staff, volunteer teams, homeowners, churches, or other agencies.
- Understand and ensure adherence to all safety policies.
- Be the leader in gathering the team together each afternoon to close the day in prayer.
- Follows policies and procedures of Samaritan’s Purse as set forth in the Policy Manual. Adhere to all purchasing and reporting policies therein, as well as those described within the NAM department.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
Manage 6-10 subordinate staff including the Office Manager/Volunteer Coordinator, Logistics Coordinator, Construction Foreman, Construction Worker, Case Manager, Cook and 15-30 volunteers. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ
- One year certificate from a college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience directing non-skilled volunteers in the construction of homes.
- Licensed Contractor in a state in the United States.
- Class A (Restricted) Commercial Driver’s License helpful, but not required.
- Computer Proficiency.
One-Year Contract with potential for renewal
Full-time position with benefit package:
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term-Life Insurance
Location: Panama City, FL
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)