Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Warehouse Manager, South Sudan
at Samaritan's Purse
Are you an experienced Warehouse Manager with a knack for maintaining order in a fast-paced environment? Join us as a Senior Warehouse Manager at Samaritan’s Purse in South Sudan! As a Senior Warehouse Manager, you will be responsible for the overall management of four warehouses located throughout this office’s area of responsibility. Your expertise and leadership will help to show the love of Christ to a desperate and struggling refugee population. Let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us today!
Description of Job Duties:
- Provides the overall management of the warehouses, with control mechanisms put in place for all food storage, handling, and movement.
- Prepares and implements a work plan for effective commodity management and quality control.
- Plans for commodity storage and warehousing space, in close coordination with the Commodity Manager, to ensure stocks are strategically stored to optimize distribution.
- Implements commodity loss mitigation strategy with an aim to eliminate losses of food in the warehouses.
- Ensures all warehouses are managed in accordance with World Food Program (WFP) and Samaritan’s Purse Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Conducts both routine and random warehouse inspections to ensure high standards of commodity management.
- Submits timely and accurate reports in accordance with organizational and partner requirements.
- Identifies learning and training opportunities for warehouse staff, and works as a mentor and role model to build the capacity of less experienced staff.
- Routinely conducts on-the-job training to improve staff performance.
- Creates a motivating and encouraging environment for assigned staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university in humanitarian logistics, warehouse management, or related field is a requirement.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of proven experience in humanitarian logistics or warehousing operation at international level is a must, preferably in WFP-related operations.
- Experience living and working overseas.
- Fluent spoken and written English required. Arabic language skills desirable, but not required.
- May be required to camp in remote field sites for 1-14 days, consecutively.
- Ability to read and interpret supply chain documents.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups and employees of organization.
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This position is unaccompanied.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)