Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
jade Bar Assistant Manager
at Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain
This position contributes to Sanctuary’s success by overseeing the service of the jade bar outlet operations and staff in order to ensure that the highest quality standards are met for guest service, and professionalism. The assistant manager is expected to be a ‘hands-on’ leader assisting management in training, scheduling, motivating, and developing service staff and ensuring that all guests are greeted in a warm, friendly and sincere manner. Interacting with guests to ensure a positive guest experience and ensuring that beverages and meals are being served in a professional and timely manner; with focus on living the Sanctuary Commitments and promise of Care
Enough to do it Well, are critical to the success of this position as a Sanctuary community member.
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Be thoroughly familiar with standards of fine dining service etiquette and adhere to these standards.
- Be aware of all state liquor laws as well as company and department policies regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Know all spirited beverages, and wines by the glass available. Also, be familiar with elements wine list and be able to talk about regions, styles, and varietals of wines offered.
- Know all drink prices and consistently use these prices during service.
- Lead bar staff in service period.
- Ensure staff accurately rings orders.
- Monitor sitting and serving procedures, establish timely service as a high priority.
- Fulfill all functions as required by accounting.
- Assure each order is fulfilled to the guest’s request; if dissatisfaction occurs, effectively and appropriately diffuse as quickly as possible.
- Assist line employees in performing job functions as needed under high volume and emergency situations.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Jade Manager or Director of Food and Beverage.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies and applicable law.
- Exhibit control of all shifts; monitor standards, cleanliness and team performance relative to timing and accuracy with the goal of total guest satisfaction.
- Interview applicants, fill out Personal Action Forms, conduct 90 day reviews.
- Conduct coaching and counseling when necessary; write and present associate annual performance reviews per the direction and support of the Dir of F&B and Bar Manager.
- Motivate staff, build morale and practice team building.
- Embrace and practice all the resort’s standards.
- Schedule staff accordingly to ensure proper coverage and timely service.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledgeable regarding food and beverage techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of Micros point of sale system, gratuity sheets, employee time edits, and cashier close-outs.
- Familiarity with all bar positions and be able and willing to fill those positions, when needed.
- Ability to lift and quickly transport up to 40 lbs. on slippery surfaces.
- Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials.
- Possess excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good communication essential with ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Must be a motivated, self starter. Take the initiative to identify and undertake projects.
- Self-motivated, organized, fast and even-tempered.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task a must.
- Consistently maintain a high level of work quality and quantity per resort standards.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests during stressful service; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with
- Ability to identify, address and resolve conflict.
- Maintain good safety habits and report unsafe or hazardous conditions to Security.
- Promote excellent guest relations while living the Sanctuary Commitments.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent. Current Food Handler’s Card. Managers’ Title IV Alcohol Certification.
Related Work Experience
Must have at least 2 to 3 years hospitality. Food And Beverage/Bar service or supervisory experience. Experience with hospitality and customer service required.