Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager Inpatient 4th
at Sandoval Regional Medical Center
Manager Inpatient 4th
|Department:||Inpatient 4th floor|
|Location:||Rio Rancho, NM|
Job Summary and Scope
Responsible for assisting with overall operations, and implementation and evaluation of activities for inpatient critical care and associated programs at SRMC. Role will have a focus on coordination of the department quality and education initiatives. Works with department director to ensure the delivery of optimal and safe patient care which includes fiscal management, strategic planning, standards compliance, clinical practice, staff development, oversight and active participation in clinical practice, and performance improvement activities that evaluate program effectiveness. Role includes frequent new and varied work situations. The role involves a moderate degree of complexity. Role operates with minimal supervision. Role works in conjunction with department director to determine own practices and procedures and also contribute to the development of new concepts. Patient care assignment may include Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric age groups.
- POLICIES AND PROCEDURES - Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, and quality assurance programs
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops.
- Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of established organization/departmental policies, guidelines, procedures, objectives, and quality assurance programs.
- Monitor trends and implement educational strategies to ensure quality standards and parameters are achieved.
- Create and initiate unit based strategies for improved patient care, including assisting with meeting core measures.
- Organize and direct clinical practice in collaboration with the department director and program medical director through development, implementation and maintenance of practice guidelines/standards.
- Assist with the facilitation between hospital/system administration, departments, and medical staff ensuring cost-effective utilization of products, services, processes and resources.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of department budget in to help ensure fiscal responsibility. Monitor and approve expenditures.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies, governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies by continually monitoring Hospital operations and programs and physical properties; initiate changes as required.
- Develop and implement quality improvement initiatives in conjunction with department director
- Participate in key decision making regarding overall planning, work redesign, and staff development associated with implementing changes in patient care delivery.
- Attend technical and administrative meetings; participate in committee functions.
- Aid in developing short and long range goals and strategic plans; while ensuring that the mission, vision, values and strategic objectives of the hospital and health system are integrated into projects and programs.
- Advise department director on program and project status, and implementation issues as they relate to short/long range goals.
- Facilitate multidisciplinary and departmental work, project teams and meetings.
- Support education initiatives of the hospital by working with approved schools
- Perform managerial functions for hiring, personnel actions, and assignment of personnel, disciplinary action, performance evaluations and work schedules.
- Ensure staff orientation, credentialing, competency completion and continuing education.
- Ensure accurate documentation of information related to patient care activities, regulatory requirements, data collection and statistical reporting.
- Active participation in LEAN initiatives/strategies
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
SRMC Core Values
Integrity: Our words and actions match our values
To Serve: We put the needs of others before our own
Excellence: We strive to exceed expectations and/or standards in every activity, every encounter, and every initiative
Safety/Quality: We provide evidence based care, programs, services, and an environment that achieves the best outcomes
Teamwork: We enjoy the ability and power to work collaboratively to deliver exceptional service
- Decisions are made with in UNM Sandoval policy constraints and applicable laws and governmental guidelines
- Responsible for partial departmental budgetary preparation and compliance accountability.
- Responsible and accountable for partial control of department capital assets/equipment with greater than $500,000 current value.
- Partially accountable for organization long-range planning
- Contacts are normally made with others within UNM-Sandoval
- Contacts are multidisciplinary within UNM-SMRC
- Contacts frequently contain confidential/sensitive information necessitating discretion at all times
- Percentage of contacts by phone: 15%; percentage of contacts face to face: 50%; percentage of contacts by email: 35%.
- Percentage of contacts with patients: 40% and percentage with non- patients: 60%.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge of scope of the Registered Nurse
- Physiological knowledge
- Knowledge in bedside manner
- Knowledge in infection control
- Clinical Nursing Skills
- Skill in administering medication
- Multi-tasking skills
- Teamwork abilities
- Health Promotion and Maintenance abilities
- Patient assessment knowledge
- Critical thinking abilities
- Ability to remain focused and organized
- Ability to independently seek out resources
Education: Associates Degree in Nursing
* Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in State of New Mexico or as allowed by reciprocal agreement by State of New Mexico.
* Registered nursing program graduate
* BLS Certification or must obtain within thirty (30) days of date of position.
* ACLS Certification or must obtain within six (6) months of date of position
* Basic Arrhythmia Certification or equivalent within one (1) year of date of position
- RN Matrix - Complete and maintain unit/clinic based required certifications and competencies as listed in the department expectations and/or the unit/clinic education matrix.
Work Experience: One (1) year management or charge nurse experience in applicable specialty
Preferred Educational/Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or higher
- Nationally certified in area of specialty
- Instructor in BLS, ACLS, PALS, and/or TNCC
- Three (3) years management or charge nurse experience in applicable specialty