Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
F&B MANAGER - JUNIPER STEAKHOUSE
at Santa Ana Star Casino Hotel
|Employment Status|| |
The Food and Beverage Manager oversees all aspects of the food and beverage department. Works with the Food and Beverage Director and Executive Chef daily to coordinate special functions, quality control and proper service requirements, while maintaining proper staffing levels.
- Ensures that all food and beverage products served meet the established specifications and standards.
- Ensures that proper levels of service are provided based off forecasted needs, with the minimum level of labor used to perform the required level of service.
- Completes the required daily financial reports.
- Works with finance and IT to ensure that all revenue is captured and reported in an accurate and relevant manner
- Communicates variances from established standards to the Food & Beverage Director.
- Ensures that all service equipment is handled safely and with reasonable care, reporting mechanical problems to the proper department for repair.
- Utilizes the Fast Track program in our daily operations, through positive reinforcement.
- Maintains a neat, clean, organized, safe and comfortable work environment for employees and guest.
- Ensure proper training to employees.
- Holds themselves to the highest standards (leads by example)
- Responsible for food and beverage costs and controls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preference given to qualified Santa Ana Tribal Members.
- Graduate of a post high school two-year Culinary Arts School or equivalent technical training in food and beverage.
- Professional appearance.
- Proven performance in implementing and maintaining food production operational standards.
- Good interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
- Seven years restaurant industry work including five years of managerial experience in a full service restaurant preferred.
- Excellent customer service, communication, team building and problem solving skills required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Pueblo of Santa Ana Gaming Regulatory Commission key gaming license.
- Knowledge of all phases of food and beverage administration, cost control and familiarity of all food and beverage services.
- Must be alcohol certified.
- Must know how to bartend
- Oversees employee scheduling to maximize production within the budgeted labor percentage while maintaining proper service levels.
Essential Mental Functions
The essential mental functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Display strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle conflict situations
Essential Physical Functions
The essential physical functions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the position, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, turn, use hands and fingers to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talks and hear.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
- Computer "Excel and Microsoft Applications."
- All additional off ice equipment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather and a second-hand smoke-filled environment.