Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sapp Bros.
This is the highest position in the restaurant, you are responsible for the results of the business, which includes everything inside the four walls, it's financials, it's morale of the employees, it's morale of the guests and how well all the parts of the operation work together. Our Managers must maintain a professional image at all times. We do not allow full beards, body piercing or tongue posts. Candidates may have a single visible earring. Hair must be neatly groomed and of a natural color. No radical dyes or hair styles will be allowed. Gentlemen must have their hair up off of the collar. If hired for this position you must provide proper documentation establishing your identity and eligibility to be legally employed in the United States, be willing to undergo a criminal background, credit, and employment reference check, and be at least 16 years of age.
* Take care of the guests.
* Greet guests
* Be professional and courteous to everyone even during peak rush periods
* Deal with the guest in front of you and resolve each individual situation differently
* Acknowledge the problem, Apologize for the problem and Act on the problem but most of all resolve the problem to the guest's complete satisfaction.
* Resolve the problem from the least expensive method to the most expensive method which is an apology to the most expensive being a complete comp of the guest meal.
* You never win an argument with a guest
* Keep yourself professional at all times when dealing with difficult guests
* Take care of employees in the dining room and in the kitchen
* Assist servers with their station in keeping it clean, pre-bussed, beverage rounds, guest's needs, and cashing out the guest when possible
* Treat all employees professionally and with respect
* Monitor the kitchen for cleanliness, , ticket times, health and safety practices
* Assist cooks when needed
* Show employees and guests that you care, encourage employees, gain rapport with guests and employees
* Ask for feedback and give feedback to employees
* Turn in required paperwork on time and complete whether it is weekly numbers, monthly numbers or hiring paperwork or government paperwork
* The speed of the ship is the speed of the captain, set the example at all times in everything you do and say
* The most important things that happen each day is what happens on the floor where the guests are not in the office
* Everyday talk to your guests so they know you and know you are in charge, so they will go to you if there are any problems
* Be fair with your employees and use you employee handbook as a resource to back you up with when making difficult decisions
* Follow all procedures and guidelines set forth by Sapp Bros Truck Stops, Inc.
* Follow all cash procedures for accurate and secure procedures
* Must be able to order, inventory and control costs
* Behave as if you owned the restaurant you are the General Manager
*Health & Dental Insurance
*Education Assistance Program
*Gym Membership Reimbursment
*Payroll Direct Deposit
*Discounts on Gasoline & Diesel
*Store & Restaurant Discounts
*Career Advancement - We promote from within!