Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Admissions - Hospital
at Select Medical
- Job ID
- US-CA-Los Angeles
- Experience (Years)
- Management - Other Management
- Street Address
- 2070 Century Park East
- California Rehabilitation Institute
- Position Type
- Full Time-Regular
California Rehabilitation Institute
*A joint venture with Select Medical, UCLA, and Cedars-Sinai*
Los Angeles, CA
Director of Admissions
Our services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking a Director of Admissions to join our team.
The DOA will be managing a team of 8 Admissions Coordinators. This person will work closely with Clinical Liaisons, Case Managers and the Director of Business Development. There are 3000 admissions on average monthly at California Rehab Institute
Provides direction, expertise and leadership to the Admissions function for California Rehabilitation Institute. Oversees daily operations to ensure excellent customer service, reimbursement information is accurate and number of admissions are maximized.
- Provides leadership to the Admissions Department including coordinators and representatives and determines the department’s function, organization, employee complement, budget and resource needs.
- Oversees flow of all patient referrals by ensuring effective coordination and collaboration between liaisons, program coordinator and case management s with the Admission Department. Ensures pre-admission process is compliant with all regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates with the Central Billing Office management team to develop, implement and monitor policies and procedures related to the collection of all pertinent patient data (i.e., demographics, insurance/payer information) necessary for the expedient, timely and accurate billing and collection of patient accounts.
- Ensures all required documentation is completed timely and accurately including census, Advance Notification, HMS admission/transfer/discharge.
- Works closely with administrators to maximize census, reimbursement as well as to expedite appeals and disputes for third party payers.
- Performs other duties as requested
- Associates Degree required. Bachelor's Degree preferred
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in inpatient healthcare Admissions field, including five years progressive management experience required.
- Previous experience in rehabilitation field preferred, management experience required.
- Knowledge of insurance, Medicare and Medicaid processes and managed care and case management functions required.
Other benefits of the Director of Admissions include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 50,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities