Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
- Monday - Friday 7am-5pm 50+
Food Services of America is seeking a people-focused, results-oriented leader to join our Dakota Group Distribution Team in Fargo as the Delivery Manager. This position is a key leadership role for our distribution center and leads our Delivery and Fleet Maintenance teams. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Operations, the Delivery Manager works closely with multiple departments within the Dakota Group.
The Delivery Manager is responsible for maintaining the department's annual budgets, achieving operational goals, and assisting in establishing capital needs each year. Oversees all satellite locations by directly supervising Delivery Supervisors and Drivers. Responsible for compliance of all Department of Transportation regulatory requirements.
- Oversee/monitor daily driver delivery schedules. Review routes and driver assignments weekly.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of driver's performance and oversee any necessary praise/correction.
- Monitor driver attendance records to ensure compliance with company policy.
- Communicate with routing staff on development of more efficient routes; address challenges of drivers, associates in the Sales Department, and the needs of customers.
- Coordinate the activities of the department with other departments to keep everyone informed and exchange ideas on productivity, efficiency, and service.
- Monitor major areas of department expense and profit, such as staff hours, miles traveled and backhaul revenue, to ensure that budget goals are attained.
- Review and authorize the department's expense bills.
- Work with Associate Services to oversee management of associates who are out with injuries to stay informed of their recovery.
- Review financial statements to compare the actual costs of the department against projected goals and determine the profitability of the department.
- Maintain the vehicle mileage and staff hours reports weekly.
- Ensure compliance with union contract agreements.
- Other duties as assigned.Oversee Coordination of drivers’ safety meetings & training.
- Oversee transportation department safety program; manage vehicular collision investigations/resolutions.
- Oversee all routes and route changes to meet customer and DOT requirements and maximize efficiency.
- Manage equipment flow to ensure proper utilization and availability.
- Oversee all corrective action and proper staffing levels for the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Logistics preferred or the equivalent in industry experience.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Three (3) to Five (5)years of transportation and supervisory experience.
- Experience in labor relations, equipment and capacity, computer network systems and financial management.
- Knowledge of DOT laws and regulations required.
- Class A CDL preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work with computer programs associated with the performance of the position.
- Good oral and written communication skills, ability to work well with all levels of the organization, to organize, prioritize, negotiate, manage, motive others and solve problems.
- Knowledge of geographic areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Constant sitting for prolonged periods while performing desktop activities and/or traveling.
- Constant use of both hands/arms simultaneously reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while performing desktop activities, handling paperwork.
- Frequent bending at waist/knees to and from seated position.
- Frequent squat/kneeling, walking, sitting, retrieving materials from lower areas.
- Occasional lift/carrying typically less than 20 lbs., can be up to 50 lbs., normal office supplies, equipment, higher weights due to occasional emergency product deliveries to customers.
- Constant use of sight, hearing and speech abilities in performance of essential job functions required.
- Frequent contact with moving equipment.
- Able to evaluate facts and figures.
- Able to organize/prioritize and possess self-motivation to meet daily demands, fast pace, heavy volume.
- Able to pay close attention to detail and deal with a variety of issues with constant interruptions.
- Able to work with all levels of associates and customers.
- Requires effective memory recall regarding products and customers.
- Ability to handle difficult situations and problem solve.
- Work stresses include meeting work schedules and constant interacting with others.
- Effective time management to meet work schedule and high service standards.
- Multi tasking skills with frequent interruptions.
- Busy office environment, climate controlled.
- Daily interaction with associates in all departments.
- Normal driving hazards in all types of weather to and from customer locations.
*Constantly over 80% time, Frequently 20-80% time and Occasionally under 20% of time.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.